Santa Clara Vanguard 2018


Recommended Posts

2017 was an outstanding season for the organization. Very excited to see what Vanguard has in store for 2018. Hope the staff stays intact and brings home the title.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Guys, wouldn't hurt to tweet at the resturants and thanking them for supporting Santa Clara Vanguard.  :-)

SCV is officially a meme.    

Just watched a video of Vanguard from last night at NighBeat. So nice to hear them in an open stadium without the dome reverb. My opinion of this show has grown leaps and bounds this Summer. I st

Really outstanding show this past season. I'm excited for what they do in 2017. I hope they continue pushing in a similar direction. I think this next year might be really special for them, and honestly I'm hoping we are seeing the start of a long series of top 3 finishes!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be a lot of fresh blood in SCV in 2018 with 52 green feathers going out this year. Definitely seems like one of the larger age out groups for them. Whatever you do SCV, don't get rid of Rennick! Unless you want to send him over to Crown, then be my guest! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, wilme861 said:

Going to be a lot of fresh blood in SCV in 2018 with 52 green feathers going out this year. Definitely seems like one of the larger age out groups for them. Whatever you do SCV, don't get rid of Rennick! Unless you want to send him over to Crown, then be my guest! 

God forbid if that ever happens, if it did, I see him going to The Cadets. Crown has their percussion program cookin, so I don't see a change there.

In the event that would occur, watch for John Mapes and Ian Grom along with the Blue Stars percussion staff.

But that said, I saw that SCV has announced their auditions already. Saw that one of their locations is in Dallas, so one has to assume the Rennicks are not going anywhere.

https://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard-membership-overview/

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jeffe77 said:

God forbid if that ever happens, if it did, I see him going to The Cadets. Crown has their percussion program cookin, so I don't see a change there.

In the event that would occur, watch for John Mapes and Ian Grom along with the Blue Stars percussion staff.

But that said, I saw that SCV has announced their auditions already. Saw that one of their locations is in Dallas, so one has to assume the Rennicks are not going anywhere.

https://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard-membership-overview/

Rennick isn't leaving SCV unless something terrible happens with organizational leadership.
If not for a low percussion score at Finals in 2015, SCV would have just won 4 straight Sanford titles. 

Mapes/Grom were not with the Blue Stars in 2017

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snare_guy_83 said:

Rennick isn't leaving SCV unless something terrible happens with organizational leadership.
If not for a low percussion score at Finals in 2015, SCV would have just won 4 straight Sanford titles. 

Mapes/Grom were not with the Blue Stars in 2017

Very true. Staff stability is should mean success for SCV.

On Mapes/Grom. Yes they didn't arrange for Blue Stars last season but good chunk of his peeps are on the staff including the caption head. The aforementioned works with Mapes/Grom at Pulse Percussion. Again this is unnecessary wreck less speculation. 

I am very happy with how things have been going with SCV Percussion the 6 last seasons, but now, from top to bottom, the organization is hitting it out of the park. Good times.

Also a good sign for an organization when auditions are announced early? BD has been doing so the last few seasons.

Edited by Jeffe77
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, wilme861 said:

Going to be a lot of fresh blood in SCV in 2018 with 52 green feathers going out this year. Definitely seems like one of the larger age out groups for them. Whatever you do SCV, don't get rid of Rennick! Unless you want to send him over to Crown, then be my guest! 

Just Wow...I had no idea the age out count was that high with Vanguard this year. When was the last time Vanguard or any corps has had that many age-outs in one year?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news is only about 20 of those are brass age outs. Potential for 50+ return rate in horns is a great sign for 2018.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 2:17 AM, Jeffe77 said:

2017 was an outstanding season for the organization. Very excited to see what Vanguard has in store for 2018. Hope the staff stays intact and brings home the title.

I am hoping their show choice will be more like 2016 vs. 2017. Not a fan of 17 especially compared to 2016...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.