Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

I am hoping for some John Adams...maybe Harmonium.  

11 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I hope we get more of the old SCV this year.  I want the visual of last year, with the music of years prior.  

Plus the uniforms of years prior

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I hope we get more of the old SCV this year.  I want the visual of last year, with the music of years prior.  

I hope they don't do away with the pit openings that leaded into the brass hit altogether. Those were finger-lickin' good

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Totality agrees.

Their brass book has left me wanting for a few years, it makes it difficult for me to get into them. We know JD can write but he’s playing  a backup roll to the drumline and visual, there’s little musical engagement. I’ve also noticed a lot of recycled parts in the battery and pit. I feel their musical design is an afterthought to fit the visual

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2017 at 2:29 PM, BoaDci said:

22 hours ago, cowtown said:

Totality agrees.

Their brass book has left me wanting for a few years, it makes it difficult for me to get into them. We know JD can write but he’s playing  a backup roll to the drumline and visual, there’s little musical engagement. I’ve also noticed a lot of recycled parts in the battery and pit. I feel their musical design is an afterthought to fit the visual

Completely agree with both of you!! This past year their brass took a backseat to the percussion more than any of the years prior and it left me not enjoying their program this year at all, which is the first time that has happened since 2010. 

I want more of the 2016 musical style, less of the overly aggressive and technical style they displayed this past season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

It was so not SCV.  I was actually shocked how bandwagoned they got by the bando crowd.  Im sure this year will be better, but I really want them to let JD Shaw unload a bit.

They got bandwagoned because they were the closest real competition to the Blue Devils, plain and simple 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

They got bandwagoned because they were the closest real competition to the Blue Devils, plain and simple 

Also it was the first time in a good while since they medaled. But yeah any corps that people think can knock the Blue Devils out of first are hailed as the saviors of dci. I swear some people can't get over competitive bias and just enjoy some shows.

• Thanks 1