Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

45 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Very nice video from a guard member. Talks about overcoming a language barrier just like the show describes. So cool that he gets to spin with SCV!

Great vid and great message....but thin white text on a predominately white background??

Come on guys....readability IS a thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

That company front in the ballad. Holy #####. What a rush it must be to play that.

Probably my favorite part of the show (so far).... Chills every time.

7 hours ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

Probably my favorite part of the show (so far).... Chills every time.

Even now, having watched it a couple of times, and knowing it's coming during the solos/build, it still gets me. A truly amazing moment...I REALLY like that the horn build is essentially all facing backfield while moving...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gak27 said:

Even now, having watched it a couple of times, and knowing it's coming during the solos/build, it still gets me. A truly amazing moment...I REALLY like that the horn build is essentially all facing backfield while moving...

It definitely reminds me of SCVs 2016 Force of Nature opening moment, which gave me absolute chills.  When I first heard of SCVs repertoire this year, I honestly thought they were going to use My Body is a Cage as their opening segment in a similar way they opened 2016... slow build up to a fantastic pinnacle.

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Volt said:

Just wanted to say that this is the best show I've seen all season.  It's going go to be a dog fight!

This is the best show I have seen since Star '93.

• Like 4

Imagine you attend a 4th of July parade and get treated to this impromptu point blank performance of The Canyon from SCV 1999! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scvphan said:

Imagine you attend a 4th of July parade and get treated to this impromptu point blank performance of The Canyon from SCV 1999! 

Are the signs on the left side a part of the show? :)

• Haha 1