Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

25 minutes ago, quietcity said:

Yikes, Miss Amana has been totaled! This presents a real challenge for SCV. Time to make another donation...

This being Drum Corps, I'd be willing to bet other Corps touring with SCV are stepping up to help out until SCV gets back on its feet. But, yes -- donations!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quietcity said:

Yikes, Miss Amana has been totaled! This presents a real challenge for SCV. Time to make another donation...

Glad only minor injuries, and to the driver alone. Insurance, minus the deductible, should pay for the loss of the vehicle. It does cause a bit of a temporary transition period  for the marchers regarding meals/ fluids for a bit in the interim here however. I'm sure they'll be just fine after this however.

• Like 2

I just made a donation to SCV's food fund. You can never have too much peanut butter and jelly. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would love to be at this show tonight. After the news today, I bet they will rally and we will see a very emotional and energized performance from these kids.  Shows you how special our drum corps family really is when we support each other in tough times. They will be fine and most important. SO glad the driver was not hurt. You can get new equipment but you can't replace people and lives. Stay safe out there!

• Like 1

It’s wonderful to hear all the support SCV is receiving following the accident involving Miss Amanda (their kitchen/food truck) overnight. Phantom will be feeding them dinner and the Blue Knights are providing a post-performance snack. Such a wonderful, tight-knit community that always watches out for each other. Here’s a bit more info and some links to help if interested:

https://www.scvanguard.org/miss-amana-update/

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 6

59 minutes ago, scvphan said:

It’s wonderful to hear all the support SCV is receiving following the accident involving Miss Amanda (their kitchen/food truck) overnight. Phantom will be feeding them dinner and the Blue Knights are providing a post-performance snack. Such a wonderful, tight-knit community that always watches out for each other. Here’s a bit more info and some links to help if interested:

https://www.scvanguard.org/miss-amana-update/

Thank you for the link! Love and best wishes to our Santa Clara. And many thanks to Phantom and BK for taking care of them while we all rally to get them through the rest of tour. :wub:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

This being Drum Corps, I'd be willing to bet other Corps touring with SCV are stepping up to help out until SCV gets back on its feet. But, yes -- donations!

Is a new food truck something you can get rapidly?  I was under impression that Drum Corps food trucks were custom built (generally in-house) by each Corps.  I know that many cities have mobile dining establishments also called food trucks but these too seem to be rather custom vehicles.   I kind of doubt that SCV will get a full-blown truck this season (happy to be wrong).

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Is a new food truck something you can get rapidly?  I was under impression that Drum Corps food trucks were custom built (generally in-house) by each Corps.  I know that many cities have mobile dining establishments also called food trucks but these too seem to be rather custom vehicles.   I kind of doubt that SCV will get a full-blown truck this season (happy to be wrong).

They'll be renting one for the remainder of the season.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Glad only minor injuries, and to the driver alone. Insurance, minus the deductible, should pay for the loss of the vehicle. It does cause a bit of a temporary transition period  for the marchers regarding meals/ fluids for a bit in the interim here however. I'm sure they'll be just fine after this however.

Drum Corps Cook Trucks are not insurable for full replacement value.  All you can insure is the value of the equipment inside the trailer. Miss Amana was over 40 years old so to replace SCV is looking at a loss of probably close to $200,000.