Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

3 minutes ago, StarVoyager said:

Miss Amana was replaced I want to say either last year or the year before (think it was).....

Are you sure?  Their website seems to indicate they started a campaign last year to replace her, but I don't think they reached their goal yet. I'm only going on what the website says, so....

19 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Drum Corps Cook Trucks are not insurable for full replacement value.  All you can insure is the value of the equipment inside the trailer. Miss Amana was over 40 years old so to replace SCV is looking at a loss of probably close to $200,000.

“Sometimes you’ve gotta wreck the truck to get the insurance money to make the payment on the truck.”

— Larry the Cable Guy

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Are you sure?  Their website seems to indicate they started a campaign last year to replace her, but I don't think they reached their goal yet. I'm only going on what the website says, so....

Well then I have to be wrong, I seem to remember them starting a donation campaign a while back, guess it was for something else.

Good win tonight SCV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, scvphan said:

Was at Broken Arrow tonight...man this show is a monster. I’ve followed SCV since 1999 and this is the best brass line they’ve had since their last championship. This is shaping up to be a special year for them. The horn snap before the hit in the ballad is the moment of the year in DCI. Can’t wait to see how they modify the ending. Take it home Santa Clara!!

How did SCV fare in terms of crowd reaction?  Were they the crowd favs?  TELL ME.

41 minutes ago, NeutralNovice said:

How did SCV fare in terms of crowd reaction?  Were they the crowd favs?  TELL ME.

The Bluecoats had a great run and got a huge crowd response so I was thinking no group was going to get a better reaction. Blue Devils got a decent response, but nothing close. Vanguard followed and everyone jumped to their feet before the last chord was done. It was electric and definitely the crowd favorite. The closer already has that special something about it - imagine what the reaction will be when they add the last bit to it. 

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 5