Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

2 hours ago, Alzam81 said:

Final touch being added

Not sure what they can do to make it more awesomer, unless they have Ninja sharks with laser beams on their heads rappel in from above. No, wait— the CG picks up horns and joins the “ballad echo” and last note, thus drowning out the synth! No, wait— a company front featuring the guard hoisting T-shirt cannons loaded with Babylon souvie shirts, all fired at once!! Bigger!!!! More explosions!!! 

Sorry, it was a long day today....

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, FeathersUp said:

Just announced they will have closed rehearsals rest of the way. 

Thanks.

Bummer.

7 hours ago, FeathersUp said:

Just announced they will have closed rehearsals rest of the way. 

SCV has a history of being aloof.

4 hours ago, TRacer said:

Not sure what they can do to make it more awesomer, unless they have Ninja sharks with laser beams on their heads rappel in from above. No, wait— the CG picks up horns and joins the “ballad echo” and last note, thus drowning out the synth! No, wait— a company front featuring the guard hoisting T-shirt cannons loaded with Babylon souvie shirts, all fired at once!! Bigger!!!! More explosions!!! 

Sorry, it was a long day today....

I have it on good authority that it is Ninja sharks with laser beams. I can not reveal whether they rappel in or....

From the Upper Moreland Marching Unit Alumni Page on FB:

"Update on SCV rehearsal @ Upper Moreland HS - today’s rehearsal will be closed to the public except for current UMMU students, staff and parents, and UMMU alumni."

It's good of SCV to allow the hosts to check out the rehearsal.  I know they were pushing this hard in the UM community the last few days, and I'm sure the students would have been upset if excluded. (I'm an alum, but sadly way too far away to make the rehearsal.)

Good luck with the hill to the stadium, SCV!

Please, SCV, make sure it doesn't rain on Friday night at DCI East!  I want to see your show live so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!  Plus, all of the other corps as well!  :-)

1 minute ago, sched88 said:

Please, SCV, make sure it doesn't rain on Friday night at DCI East!  I want to see your show live so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!  Plus, all of the other corps as well!  :-)

Forecast looks much better for both Friday and Saturday as of this morning.