Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

I just noticed that the SCV's cymbals do a modified Viper near the end of Club Sounds. So much goes on in this show that I am still finding these delicious little details. 

If you are unfamiliar with the Viper, it is a signature move of the cymbal line but I don't think they have done it in the last few years. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, quietcity said:

I just noticed that the SCV's cymbals do a modified Viper near the end of Club Sounds. So much goes on in this show that I am still finding these delicious little details. 

If you are unfamiliar with the Viper, it is a signature move of the cymbal line but I don't think they have done it in the last few years. 

It's not staged well unless they've changed it recently. You really have to know it's there. 

Anyone thinking the cymbal V might end up front and center at the end?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, billj said:

It's not staged well unless they've changed it recently. You really have to know it's there. 

Anyone thinking the cymbal V might end up front and center at the end?

Yes, cymbals are behind entire battery when they do the move. You can see near the end of this clip (and the DM has some nice moves too!):

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 2

I don't know, but making some changes is probably the reason.  Maybe they're working on getting a short pause in the music so a Vanguard Yell can be done.  If any corps know about the BD history during finals week, it's the SCV.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Could this be discussed on the SCV 2018 thread?  A new thread is not needed

ANYTIME a thread reaches a hundred posts, it's time for a new one.

No one wants to plod through a long thread to find something topical and fresh.  I'm glad the subject was brought up.  I would like to have seen a Vanguard rehearsal, and now I won't bother following them.

I've seen plenty of Vanguard rehearsals.  Mr. Royer never closed one off to the public.  He realized how important the fans are who support the corps.

Edited by wvu80

Apparently it's not uncommon.  I don't agree with it as we aren't dealing with military secrets.  So a few people find out about a new drill bit.  So what!  But the info would be at the most recent posting so you wouldn't search for long.  Doubling a thread is more confusing.