Jeffe77

Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, scvphan said:

The Bluecoats had a great run and got a huge crowd response so I was thinking no group was going to get a better reaction. Blue Devils got a decent response, but nothing close. Vanguard followed and everyone jumped to their feet before the last chord was done. It was electric and definitely the crowd favorite. The closer already has that special something about it - imagine what the reaction will be when they add the last bit to it. 

Did the rest of the corps get BIG crowd responses too?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Are you sure?  Their website seems to indicate they started a campaign last year to replace her, but I don't think they reached their goal yet. I'm only going on what the website says, so....

The name “Miss Amana” goes back many years and if you watch either the 1979 or 1980 Legacy DVD, there is a bonus clip of the first “Miss Amana.” My guess is the vehicles have changed, but the nickname has remained the same.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim K said:

The name “Miss Amana” goes back many years and if you watch either the 1979 or 1980 Legacy DVD, there is a bonus clip of the first “Miss Amana.” My guess is the vehicles have changed, but the nickname has remained the same.

Their website says this one has been serving SCV for 26 years. 

This is what I'm reading:

https://donate.scvanguard.org/campaign/building-our-future/c115315

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StarVoyager said:

Did the rest of the corps get BIG crowd responses too?????

The show was very well attended and the crowd gave each corps a lot of love - standing O’s for every group.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so my wife got back from Broken Arrow today and played the show recording for me. Ugh! What a tepid crowd on hand for that! And seemingly a little ill informed unless they were all being reverent. I went back and watched the Drums of Fire show and the difference was day vs night, big enthusiasm, applause where it was expected and deserved,  and silent contemplation at the ballad. 

 There were several areas of last nights corps where I asked my wife...what did they think they were watching? You could have heard a pin drop or a mouse fart. Even my son said the crowd seemed very restrained and it was a bit off-putting. 

 C’mon OK, figure it out and let these talented musicians and performers feel the love! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Okay, so my wife got back from Broken Arrow today and played the show recording for me. Ugh! What a tepid crowd on hand for that! And seemingly a little ill informed unless they were all being reverent. I went back and watched the Drums of Fire show and the difference was day vs night, big enthusiasm, applause where it was expected and deserved,  and silent contemplation at the ballad. 

 There were several areas of last nights corps where I asked my wife...what did they think they were watching? You could have heard a pin drop or a mouse fart. Even my son said the crowd seemed very restrained and it was a bit off-putting. 

 C’mon OK, figure it out and let these talented musicians and performers feel the love! 

Which is crazy, cause BA has one of the best and most progressive programs in the country. You’d figure they’d appreciate the design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jason Harrison said:

Which is crazy, cause BA has one of the best and most progressive programs in the country. You’d figure they’d appreciate the design.

Ditto, but the Drums Of Fire crowd seemed way more into the performance. I’m hopeful for Katy and San Antonio! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know where I can find a video of SCV's show recently? I saw some from the early season but I guess they were taken down, and I haven't been able to find any for weeks. I've been itching to see their show now that it's cleaner (and hopefully a better video quality too).

Btw I'm rooting for y'all to take it home, anything but BD again :34_rolling_eyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.