Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

Just listened to the end of Phantom 2007, again... indeed very similar to the new SCV ending. Not that it's a bad thing, but I am geeked to see how it evolves over the next couple weeks. Overall, just such a great design. Wish I could see it live.

8 hours ago, NeutralNovice said:

Thank you for sharing this here, so first thing in the morning someone from Vanguard could check this thread and demand that the video be taken down from YouTube so none of us can enjoy it. Bravo!

Edited by queenanne_1536

21 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Thank you for sharing this here, so first thing in the morning someone from Vanguard could check this thread and demand that the video be taken down from YouTube so none of us can enjoy it. Bravo!

SCV videos have been taken down in record time all season. Him posting it on this thread had nothing to do with it 

I realize it was their first go at the new ending last night but in watching the (now since taken down) video my only concern is that horn players are being taken out of various phrases to move the props which puts additional demands on the others to maintain volume; e.g,, a few push 1/2 the side prop during the first few bars of the sustain then hop back in while four more in the back on Side 2 peel off to go get the other prop on the back hash, etc. It almost felt like a mad “I gotta make it!” scramble (especially for the players that set up, then mount the side props); as a fan I enjoy it but as a DC parent who participated in a high stress/panic inducing gag with SCV BITD (one time with a disastrous result at a major show) I think “please don’t fall off that, please don’t let anything bad happen!” 

The next major leap forward will be “drone” motorized ground props equipped with Go-Pro cameras that are controlled remotely at the sound board by a video gamer complete with video monitors that will allow a “props eye view” and optimal field placement. 

Edited by TRacer
This ottokorrekt is killing me!

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

SCV videos have been taken down in record time all season. Him posting it on this thread had nothing to do with it 

I know some people on staffs of different corps. They all say the same thing - the first place they go when looking for unauthorized content is on YouTube is here. Straight to their corps thread first, then to the show thread. It's that easy.

27 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I know some people on staffs of different corps. They all say the same thing - the first place they go when looking for unauthorized content is on YouTube is here. Straight to their corps thread first, then to the show thread. It's that easy.

My point is it would've been taken down quickly regardless. It was posted by other people in the show thread and on reddit. 

31 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

My point is it would've been taken down quickly regardless. It was posted by other people in the show thread and on reddit. 

I know what your point was. My point is people who are posting them every where shouldn't be. Everyone's smart enough to know where to look. That's why I don't share anything, because people can't help but sharing or posting and I don't want anything coming back to me.

Any word on why they had to march a tuba hole tonight? Injury related..? 

2 hours ago, TRacer said:

Any word on why they had to march a tuba hole tonight? Injury related..? 

Don't know the details of the hole, but there was a Tuba player who spent most of rehearsal off learning/practicing drill.

Edited by FeathersUp