Santa Clara Vanguard 2018

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

I love this SCV classic which they played in 70, 85, and 86. But Phantom Regiment loved it too in 2001 and Carolina Crown in 2008.

So a decade may be enough to reintroduce it to a new generation.   If it's not snipped, electronicized, or aborted in other ways. For instance what Bocook did to SCV classics in Cadets 2012 show; sucked the life right out of the pieces. I prefer what you have posted here.

Boston played it as well in  77 & 78. 

7 hours ago, kdaddy said:

SCV played Jingle Bells?

I'm guessing you mean 2010? More was wrong in 2010 than not living up to an SCV version of Procession of the Nobles...

no I meant 2010.

Not just Nobles but Tumblers too, cut off way too quickly.

Edited by xandandl

On 8/18/2017 at 12:35 PM, Jeffe77 said:

Very true. Staff stability is should mean success for SCV.

On Mapes/Grom. Yes they didn't arrange for Blue Stars last season but good chunk of his peeps are on the staff including the caption head. The aforementioned works with Mapes/Grom at Pulse Percussion. Again this is unnecessary wreck less speculation. 

I am very happy with how things have been going with SCV Percussion the 6 last seasons, but now, from top to bottom, the organization is hitting it out of the park. Good times.

Also a good sign for an organization when auditions are announced early? BD has been doing so the last few seasons.

after the statement they released when they left Blue Stars, I think they prefer to stay in indoor world...no horn lines in their way LOL

49 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Boston played it as well in  77 & 78. 

after Phantom Regiment played it in 74,

Corpsreps,com and its new name change only lists it in 78.

I didn't go back that far for other corps since Cappybara's parents might not even have been a twinkle that long ago.

P.S. I don't ever remember the Boston/Florida homers reminding us that BAC brought Bernstein's Mass to the field almost ten years before Garfield. According to corpsreps,com new site name, BAC played Kyrie back in 1974. But was that before BAC started going to DCI champs?  I had to sit out part of '74 so my memory is a bit sketchy of that season and next.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

No I deliberately meant 2012,

I think you're guilty of an anachronism here. I don't remember SCV doing any of the pieces from 12.25 (the Cadets' 2012 show).

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

no I meant 2012.

Not just Nobles but Tumblers too, cut off way too quickly.

Your prejudice about 2010 isn't what I was referring to at all. Don't read your prejudices into other people's statements.

No, you didn't mean 2012. And thanks for the advice. 

On 9/14/2017 at 1:24 PM, Brass Lover said:

Also it was the first time in a good while since they medaled. But yeah any corps that people think can knock the Blue Devils out of first are hailed as the saviors of dci. I swear some people can't get over competitive bias and just enjoy some shows.

I would love a show that I could enjoy without design consideration that are influenced by the competitive aspects of DCI.

Really and truly would love to see a show that I could enjoy...