Madison Scouts 2018

31 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

2018 is an anniversary year, right? Any expectation that this will mean something significant for planning and show design?

Hopefully.

41 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

2018 is an anniversary year, right? Any expectation that this will mean something significant for planning and show design?

Yep, Madison's 80th. It's also the Troopers' and Blue Knights' 60th and the Cavaliers' 70th. It's another big year for corps anniversaries!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

What is the average finals placement of this regime? Someone posted recently and I believe it was around 12th Place. This regime has been a failure and the least successful in the history of the Madison Scouts. Clean house.

Cleaning house drops Madison out of Finals for the next 5 years, especially with the emergence of the Academy and Mandarins, and this year's hint of a future Colts resurgence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I'm not expecting anything too huge considering they had a MASSIVE anniversary show in 2013. 

13 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Cleaning house drops Madison out of Finals for the next 5 years, especially with the emergence of the Academy and Mandarins, and this year's hint of a future Colts resurgence.

If it isn't our resident non-Scout lecturing the rest of us about what is best for the organization. And it goes without saying, but you have absolutely no way of knowing that. Your opinion, perhaps, but that's all it is or ever will be.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Apparently you missed the Boston Crusaders rebuild this year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Eh, he talks out of his ###. Maybe being dinosaurs meant that we had a higher vantage point to see from. :lle:

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

That wasn't a rebuild, that was a New York Yankees spending spree. Unless Madison has Boston's windfall of money, they have no chance of pulling in that level of talent.

31 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

If it isn't our resident non-Scout lecturing the rest of us about what is best for the organization. And it goes without saying, but you have absolutely no way of knowing that. Your opinion, perhaps, but that's all it is or ever will be.

Go #### yourself. I'm not lecturing, I'm warning that turmoil at the top never works well in the short term for the corps. I'm done with you.

[This post has been edited for filter circumvention. Further attempts may result in suspension.]

Edited by Dave
Filter circumvention
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

That wasn't a rebuild, that was a New York Yankees spending spree. Unless Madison has Boston's windfall of money, they have no chance of pulling in that level of talent.

Go #### yourself. I'm not lecturing, I'm warning that turmoil at the top never works well in the short term for the corps. I'm done with you.

How about just being done altogether?

Edited by Dave

28 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Apparently, you missed the amount of money Boston had to rebuild this year. Madison and Boston are not on a comparable financial footing. 

• Like 2