Madison Scouts 2018

On 8/13/2017 at 7:18 AM, ndkbass said:

The Board of Directors should fire the current administrative staff in its entirety, find new admin, and rebuild accordingly.  I would be comfortable with some of the teaching and design staff staying, but I would leave it all in the hands of new admin.  That is my sincere wish for 2018.  Again, like in the 2017 thread, I recommend reaching out to Brian Howard of the Blue Devils organization.  I am sure there are others who would be just as capable and potentially even more interested than Mr. Howard.

This does not mean that the BoD is fine as it is too. Much more younger blood is needed in the general voting membership of the board, and sitting/elected membership also needs to change. It is way too entrenched right now, and thus the corps is spinning its wheels in mud without gaining any traction. Until this changes or the structure of the organization changes, Scouts will not be able to significantly improve their package in anyway in my opinion.

Hey bro, a few guys were asking how to get in contact with you a few days ago on the alumni FB page. I hope you're doing well.

9 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

As long as they go back to looking like the Madison Scouts I don't care what they do as long as it's entertaining. I didn't enjoy any aspect of their show this year. 

So having a uniform with a fleur, spats, citation cords, an Eisenhower style jacket cut, gauntlets, and a show with tuba flips, the brass sword, hat bow, a fleur, and other classic Madison moments didn't look like the Madison Scouts? As an alum, I thought the number of nods to our history was done well. But I guess you know more about our traditions and the elements, such as in this show, that define the corps. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tesmusic said:

So having a uniform with a fleur, spats, citation cords, an Eisenhower style jacket cut, gauntlets, and a show with tuba flips, the brass sword, hat bow, a fleur, and other classic Madison moments didn't look like the Madison Scouts? As an alum, I thought the number of nods to our history was done well. But I guess you know more about our traditions and the elements, such as in this show, that define the corps. 

Just shhhh - My opinion is as valid as any other. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Just shhhh - My opinion is as valid as any other. 

Simmer down sparky, just pointing out the flaws in your argument. 

Was this year a departure from some things, sure, but your assessment of what the Madison Scouts are is laughable if you neglect the points I made.

But you keep being you, with your opinions and telling me to hush, or whatever your first comment was. 

I'd love to see "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream, Part Dos (Part Deux)" from Madison.  Put on the sequins, Red Green & White, and play loud latin jazz at my face for 12 minutes.  May not be the most creative thing ever, but the effect scores would skyrocket with fan reactions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Was this year a departure from some things, sure, but your assessment of what the Madison Scouts are is laughable if you neglect the points I made.

But you keep being you, with your opinions and telling me to hush, or whatever your first comment was. 

I love the iconic Scouts uniform....

15721206_92c53f4537_b.jpg

1971 World Open prelims.

• Like 2

Here's a show design idea I had recently.

"Escape" ...sort of a Shawshank Redemption with a twist.

Guy is wrongly arrested and inprisoned. In prison he suffers torment and fight..losing his friend (ballad being the song Lost). He escapes but is killed in his escape. Show ends with him reuniting with his friend.

4 hours ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

I'd love to see "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream, Part Dos (Part Deux)" from Madison.  Put on the sequins, Red Green & White, and play loud latin jazz at my face for 12 minutes.  May not be the most creative thing ever, but the effect scores would skyrocket with fan reactions.

Sadly, the effect scores are in no way affected by audience reaction. Even more sadly, to do a show like that these days

would be competitively suicidal. :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I not only neglect your points but generally ignore them. Your blindly defending anything the corps does - every time anyone says something remotely negative is laughable in itself, and hasn't helped Madison get better in the least. Enjoy the view from your high horse. 

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

I not only neglect your points but generally ignore them. Your blindly defending anything the corps does - every time anyone says something remotely negative is laughable in itself, and hasn't helped Madison get better in the least. Enjoy the view from your high horse. 

latest?cb=20150320192210

• Haha 1