Madison Scouts 2018

3 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

I not only neglect your points but generally ignore them. Your blindly defending anything the corps does - every time anyone says something remotely negative is laughable in itself, and hasn't helped Madison get better in the least. Enjoy the view from your high horse. 

You're right, I do support the corps, but not blindly. I take my concerns and issues to people within the organization, not hiding behind a screename on here. I've had plenty of conversations with board members and admins, but I know that they don't take comments seriously from random accounts on DCP or reddit. 

You're also missing the point of my posts, which was to point out that you are saying Madison doesn't look like Madison, and you're flat out wrong. The examples I gave are straight up proof that they are using elements of past Scouts uniforms.

As for my high horse, maybe supporting my corps is considered that, but I'd rather do that and take my issues to the proper channels that hide behind a screenname as many do on here and just ##### and do nothing to help the corps. For example, there are alums on here that do not pay alumni dues, don't assist with cooking, driving airport shuttles, unloading trucks, and countless other things, but feel that coming here and just spouting off is something productive. 

Furthermore, any alum that thinks that the board or the staff/admins won't listen is laughable. It's welcome, and encouraged, and for those that think going through the proper channels won't get things done, simply don't know the organization and are nothing more than a cancer to the organization. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BigBadMadMan said:

latest?cb=20150320192210

^^^^ Rut Roh - It seems I struck a nerve LOL. ^^^^

27 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

You're right, I do support the corps, but not blindly. I take my concerns and issues to people within the organization, not hiding behind a screename on here. I've had plenty of conversations with board members and admins, but I know that they don't take comments seriously from random accounts on DCP or reddit. 

You're also missing the point of my posts, which was to point out that you are saying Madison doesn't look like Madison, and you're flat out wrong. The examples I gave are straight up proof that they are using elements of past Scouts uniforms.

As for my high horse, maybe supporting my corps is considered that, but I'd rather do that and take my issues to the proper channels that hide behind a screenname as many do on here and just ##### and do nothing to help the corps. For example, there are alums on here that do not pay alumni dues, don't assist with cooking, driving airport shuttles, unloading trucks, and countless other things, but feel that coming here and just spouting off is something productive. 

Furthermore, any alum that thinks that the board or the staff/admins won't listen is laughable. It's welcome, and encouraged, and for those that think going through the proper channels won't get things done, simply don't know the organization and are nothing more than a cancer to the organization. 

Dude - I'm friends with Chris Komnick. He's well aware of my disdain for the direction they went this year. You know what? We're still friends. I still donate every year. That's all you need to know. 

Just now, SFZFAN said:

Dude - I'm friends with Chris Komnick. He's well aware of my disdain for the direction they went this year. You know what? We're still friends. I still donate every year. That's all you need to know. 

That's great, and thank you for supporting the corps. My point is geared towards people that don't support the corps in anyway, and don't reach out to the individuals that can take comments seriously.

My initial post was also about you stating that the corps doesn't look like itself, and while that's true in some ways, it's also false in a number of ways.

Chris is a great guy, and a great leader, I'm glad you're able to count him as a friend.

18 hours ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

I'd love to see "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream, Part Dos (Part Deux)" from Madison.  Put on the sequins, Red Green & White, and play loud latin jazz at my face for 12 minutes.  May not be the most creative thing ever, but the effect scores would skyrocket with fan reactions.

Yeah that would get them maybe top 15 in the new DCI activity.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 2:11 PM, weedyweidenthal said:

Hey bro, a few guys were asking how to get in contact with you a few days ago on the alumni FB page. I hope you're doing well.

Hey Weedy!

They did, thanks! I do not use FB, but was able to get in contact through other channels. Hope all is going well for you.

On 8/16/2017 at 9:04 AM, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

I love it when one-year vets of an organization start calling for heads. It's like Philly sports talk radio with you guys.

Also, Madison is not on the same level as BAC financially. I've seen groups overspend on staff and regret it later (or not even survive to regret it).

Too bad I am not a one year vet of the organization.

11 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Why do you and others assume that those of us who raise our concerns here are not also doing so through other channels you see as more valid?

I use to carpool with Komnick to camps, have tailgated with him at Purdue, and have kept up with him and Dann when I see them at shows or other events.

I also regularly hear from or communicate with various alumni, board members, and others.  If I was not dissertating on the west coast I would make more of an effort to attend board meetings and other things but that does necessitate a geographical proximity to some degree. 

15 hours ago, ndkbass said:

Why do you and others assume that those of us who raise our concerns here are not also doing so through other channels you see as more valid?

I use to carpool with Komnick to camps, have tailgated with him at Purdue, and have kept up with him and Dann when I see them at shows or other events.

I also regularly hear from or communicate with various alumni, board members, and others.  If I was not dissertating on the west coast I would make more of an effort to attend board meetings and other things but that does necessitate a geographical proximity to some degree. 

Wasn't referring to you. I will say, however, that there are people that do exactly as I describe, and IMO shouldn't be taken seriously and are doing nothing to help. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

15 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Wasn't referring to you. I will say, however, that there are people that do exactly as I describe, and IMO shouldn't be taken seriously and are doing nothing to help. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Ok. I understand your point more. Thanks for clarifying.