Madison Scouts 2018

On 8/26/2017 at 0:09 PM, MotoSurfBass said:

To the common fan on the outside looking in, money is absolutely the area of focus. Are you able to elaborate on the other parts? On the surface, it appears that Boston was struggling competitively until they brought in the new crew this year. If those guys coming in wasn't the biggest advancement Boston made this year, I simply want to know more.

. Everything needed to be taken to another level organizationally BEFORE Boston could be prepared to make its move to advance its staff offerings to its current members, future applicants.

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

. Everything needed to be taken to another level organizationally BEFORE Boston could be prepared to make its move to advance its staff offerings to its current members, future applicants.

Absolutely. 

The challenge becomes that the DCI drum and bugle corps not get lost in the shuffle of all the other fine arts enterprises or become the second priority for why there is an umbrella organization. For instance, what is the first priority Cadets or YEA? It starts off as one and gradually geometrically grows into the other. Boston and Bloo have seemed to get it right. BD and SCV are obvious. Others provide challenges. Madison will have to think and react wisely not just smartly.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

While awaiting any 2018 news or commentary, a step back to 1980 thanks to the Drum Corps Heritage Society on Facebook.

Still love that kind of rifle work, though it's also looking a bit awkward compared to the all-out fluid movement we have seen for many years now. 

How did the DM not break his arm with that salute?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shmeg212 said:

This news has been posted on the staff change thread, but Scott Oliver is out as Brass Caption Head in order to pursue his graduate degree. In my opinion, he was a very good teacher. Can't wait to see who they bring in to replace him.

You have a Brad Toth that was rumored to be moving to a midwest group.  Possibility there.

Is KC Michael out as Program Coordinator? If so, I'm interested to see who they get to replace him.

I thought he did an amazing job in that position!

On 9/17/2017 at 10:05 PM, shmeg212 said:

This news has been posted on the staff change thread, but Scott Oliver is out as Brass Caption Head in order to pursue his graduate degree. In my opinion, he was a very good teacher. Can't wait to see who they bring in to replace him.

Per Facebook. 

The Madison Scouts are pleased to announce Chris Tomsa as our Brass Program Director. Welcome home Chris!

• Like 3