Madison Scouts 2018

1 minute ago, ranintothedoor said:

It is a pretty awesome country, even with all its flaws.  I mean... a country governed by its own people through democratically represented representatives...?!? That was crazy talk 250 years ago, yet here we are! 

Also, I mean, c'mon... look at our DRUM CORPS!! :-) lol

exactly

Any word or hints about what the Scouts will be performing in 2018?

On 1/8/2018 at 1:45 PM, GUARDLING said:

costumes or not spats or not

The other day I chuckled when I realized that last year they FINALLY wore spats again, but completely changed the rest of the uniform.

But personally, I don't really mind what they look like because I know that behind whatever show they do, those guys are definitely learning how to be quality members of society.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

One of my friends is in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and was posting snapchats of the Parade. They don't know anything about the marching arts, but they ended up catching the Madison Scouts alumni corps. I immediately recognized the classic Scout's uniforms of the late 90's. That would be a fun trip for adults and always great publicity for drum corps! Don't think we will be seeing the men of Madison wearing anything close to those iconic uniforms anymore, but definitely interested to see what they field this summer.   

http://www.madisonscouts.org/2018/02/scouts-alumni-march-krewe-orpheus-mardi-gras-parade/

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 5:20 PM, Ghost said:

Around 1:25:30 for a nice cheer by the brass!  Oh well.  Boston didn't play for LBJ in 65.  DM's need a heads up sometimes.

Did anyone else notice that they were carrying Pearl drums instead of Yamaha? I wonder why the downgrade? Maybe they borrowed the drums from a local school?

11 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Did anyone else notice that they were carrying Pearl drums instead of Yamaha? I wonder why the downgrade? Maybe they borrowed the drums from a local school?

they borrowed them

10 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

They aren't Pearl. Also they were borrowed drums, not from the corps. 

The corps is still with Yamaha, as the MSARP is not under the corps umbrella, as the Macy's group was.

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

They aren't Pearl. Also they were borrowed drums, not from the corps. 

The corps is still with Yamaha, as the MSARP is not under the corps umbrella, as the Macy's group was.

Well the smallest bass drum most definitely has the Pearl logo on the head. I don't know why on earth they would use those pancake snares though.