Madison Scouts 2018

Thanks, glad you like my art!!

22 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

Dang!! 5 pages down! Nothing to report about the Scouts I guess. Further cementing my impression

that Madison is becoming less and less relevant in this activity. Proving that going along to get along is making

them uninteresting and invisible. Becoming just

another face in the crowd. I hope they prove me wrong once the season starts, but I have never been less

excited this time of year. ☹️

The threads that have had the most responses this Spring are those involving the former director of the Cadets. I think attention is diverted this year. Perhaps where this is a long weekend and more people visited camps, you may see more responses this week, perhaps even tonight.

Attended  Scouts rehearsal at Ben Davis High School tonight.  With three weeks before their first show the Scouts are in great shape to start the season strong.  I timed their final run through at 6 minutes and 10 seconds on field.  The three musical pieces that they played flowed nicely.   Probably only a percussion/visual feature and a closer to go.   Now it is all about layering and execution, execution, execution.   Scouts remain a top twelve corps.

• Like 4

Are we going to get a sneak peek at their costume, I wonder.

19 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Attended  Scouts rehearsal at Ben Davis High School tonight.  With three weeks before their first show the Scouts are in great shape to start the season strong.  I timed their final run through at 6 minutes and 10 seconds on field.  The three musical pieces that they played flowed nicely.   Probably only a percussion/visual feature and a closer to go.   Now it is all about layering and execution, execution, execution.   Scouts remain a top twelve corps.

Appreciate that assessment. We fans don't get much in the off season, or preseason from the Corps, so its great when fans are at practice can provide us their assessments after returning.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 11:44 AM, Scerpella said:

My opinion is that for lack of a better description, the traditionalists have given way to the pragmatists. The uniform was read by the alumni as an honest attempt to go all in to improve placing.

And subsequently failed miserably.

I’m going to have to go back and look for specific examples of this, but I said that this year was a trial balloon for taking the corps coed and I was laughed at and told I was flat-out wrong. Turns out I was right, as that is an issue the admin is mulling right now. That will be a mistake, because it strips the corps of any unique value it has left. I’m sure @tesmusic is all for it and has his pom-pons in hand so he can play cheerleader, but this is why I don’t trust the leadership of the corps and think they need to be removed. I’ve just seen the product on the field and been distrustful of the direction. Just a gut thing. Nice to finally have my fears justified.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

I’m going to have to go back and look for specific examples of this, but I said that this year was a trial balloon for taking the corps coed and I was laughed at and told I was flat-out wrong. Turns out I was right, as that is an issue the admin is mulling right now. That will be a mistake, because it strips the corps of any unique value it has left. I’m sure @tesmusic is all for it and has his pom-pons in hand so he can play cheerleader, but this is why I don’t trust the leadership of the corps and think they need to be removed. I’ve just seen the product on the field and been distrustful of the direction. Just a gut thing. Nice to finally have my fears justified.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 6/1/2018 at 9:52 PM, dcifanforlife said:

If you had to compare what the music sounds to a previous corps performance who would it be? Just trying get an idea what the 2018 musical vibe is going to be like from the Men from Mad... :)