Madison Scouts 2018

7 hours ago, mfrontz said:

You're welcome! It's what I do best.

not as good as others LOL

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2018 at 10:16 AM, mfrontz said:

It's just not that easy anymore. The talent level in DCI is higher than it's ever been, and you have to be so consistent, and make consistent improvement each year in order just to make finals and stay there. To stay 14th-11th each year is extremely difficult. You've got Blue Stars who have been perennial finalists for about ten years, Crossmen who over the past five/six years have really established themselves as solidly in the 12th-11th spot and then about four corps, including Academy, Mandarins, Colts and Madison, which REASONABLY can expect to contend for 12th or 11th.

To be in contention to win is a ten-year project. You have to understand where you are in that time frame. You need a solid administration with a vision and a young, smart staff that wants to stay around and build. The models for that are Bluecoats 2004-2016, Crown 2004-13. Boston and Cavies are on that road now. I am also impressed with what I am seeing so far out of Crossmen this year.

Madison is at the VERY BEGINNING of that process. Why, how, doesn't matter now. If Madison's staff/admin is not on the right track to become a consistent finalist corps in the next few years, perhaps the changes need to be made. But ranting about how they should win and contend to win now just because of the name 'Madison Scouts' is unrealistic and simply undercuts credibility. Madison fans, RIGHT NOW, should be hoping for 12th or as a long shot 11th. if they fall out for the next two/three years, it may well be time for a change. But you need to think for the long term.

I am looking forward to seeing Madison tomorrow night. I am sure they will be in the mix in August.

I believe the current Administration is in their TENTH year. The end is near. Next.

Edited by Plankton
  • Like 5

I too was taken aback by mfrontz contention that Madison is just starting a 10-year rebuilding project. First of all, based on what is he telling us that is the path to success? Who else has done a 10 yr rebuilding project? The only corps who really fell out for a length of time and are back is Blue Stars...and their rebuilding took much more than 10 years.  And as Plankton correctly noted, this administration has been there for 10 years already.  What were they doing if not rebuilding? If we're talking about corps who were nothing but built themselves into powerful contenders then we're talking Crown and Coats. Again it took much longer than 10 years for them.  What about Star?  They were around very shortly before cracking the top 12.  Spirit of Atlanta did it in one year and by their 4th year was top 6.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Scerpella said:

What about Star?  They were around very shortly before cracking the top 12.   

Star finished 10th their first year and it was the lowest finish they ever had.

• Thanks 1

The Madison Scouts were always among my favorite competitors and it pains me to see this, well, let’s just call it a search for an identity. I don’t want Madison to become like the Cleveland Browns: Dominant former champions who can’t find their way back to the top.

• Like 5

On 6/27/2018 at 8:16 AM, mfrontz said:

Madison is at the VERY BEGINNING of that process. Why, how, doesn't matter now. If Madison's staff/admin is not on the right track to become a consistent finalist corps in the next few years, perhaps the changes need to be made. But ranting about how they should win and contend to win now just because of the name 'Madison Scouts' is unrealistic and simply undercuts credibility. Madison fans, RIGHT NOW, should be hoping for 12th or as a long shot 11th. if they fall out for the next two/three years, it may well be time for a change. But you need to think for the long term.

Madison is at the very beginning of that process? You are kidding, right? How long do you think the current management has been in place? 

How long should they have to demonstrate their ability to recruit, motivate, and manage the performance of the creative and instructional staff? 

The kids and the fans deserve better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Madison Scouts were always among my favorite competitors and it pains me to see this, well, let’s just call it a search for an identity. I don’t want Madison to become like the Cleveland Browns: Dominant former champions who can’t find their way back to the top.

Talk in the Browns locker room is about not becoming the Scouts. 

• Haha 6

After tonight's results, I think I may have to avoid this thread for the rest of the season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Feels like watching something slowly bleed to death. I'm not sure Scouts can be revived. My beloved Scouts are in some serious dark times right now.

• Like 3

<dino mode>

I really hope the old uniforms are in storage somewhere -- it's not too late -- hornline/drumline switch back to the old uni's and keep working on the show - put some of the guard in the red costumes and some in the blue --  work up more features for the soloist (in a different outfit - pants - not a dress) - scrap the Cavalier's like narration at the start of the show --

• Like 6
  • Haha 3