Madison Scouts 2018

On 6/27/2018 at 9:42 PM, BigShow said:

Well, i believe you have some valid points, i have not liked the direction in a bit now. They had a reprieve When Mason was with them those 3 years or so and then things, artistcally and musically took a nose dive. 

Long Live The Big Show!...From your buddy, Mr. Bobbing Temples!

39 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

This is square on the shoulders of Komnick, Petersen, and Board President Greg Auby...This is their arrogant brave new world, 80 years history be Da###d!  What's equally bad?...Read all of the kumbaya, go-along-to-get-along, PC, low bar, "oh, it's all about the experience and not about scores" looser talk from all of the recent age outs and vet's that should know better hanging out at the varied Madison FB pages!  This show isn't the only pink and red dumpster fire!...Komnick, Petersen, and Auby have overseen the demise of this once storied juggernaut to the point that it's completely unrecognizable!  Well done gentlemen!  Well done!...Anyone have Jim Mason's phone number?

giphy-downsized-medium.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Is this what the Madison fans sounded like in 1989 when the corps dropped from 1st to 7th?

Yes. Many fans and alumni did sound like this, but their wasn't social media back then. But you did hear plenty of grumbling and criticism back then. And that was when the Corps was healthy financially and still competitive, and still a destination Corps. Now they are in real financial trouble, not competitive, and nowhere near a destination Corps (unless you mean geographically - then they are near a destination Corps....three actually!)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

Problem with this theifdom of arrogance is that they fully believe their the good guys...just ask them!  Everyone should fear that they have and will so completely grind what's left of Madison into the dirt, that there will not be anything left to salvage!...Just LOOK at their financials!

I’m unfortunately well familiar with their financial situation. This corps is insolvent and the board is completely incompetent.

Until we, as alumni, band together to rescue the corps from this inept leadership, the Madison Scouts (as we know them) will cease to exist. It is up to us to kick these dead beat asshats like CK and DP out of their positions.

• Like 4

Just now, Nine White Russians said:

Yes. Many fans and alumni did sound like this, but their wasn't social media back then. But you did hear plenty of grumbling and criticism back then. And that was when the Corps was healthy financially and still competitive, and still a destination Corps. Now they are in real financial trouble, not competitive, and nowhere near a destination Corps (unless you mean geographically - then they are near a destination Corps....three actually!)

Actually, here's the disgustingly sad term that has been attributed to the once great Madison Scouts...My corps...The corps in which I won a National Championship with...Is now appropriately referred to as a "feeder corps".  Just let that sink in for a few minuets!  (Dang, where's the liquor cabinet??)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Until we, as alumni, band together to rescue the corps from this inept leadership, the Madison Scouts (as we know them) will cease to exist. It is up to us to kick these dead beat asshats like CK and DP out of their positions.

The entire Board has to go as well!  Madison needs a compete exorcism and fumigation!

• Like 2

And I've seen this from the younger generation of musicians. I meet them and say I marched Scouts. It is now met with indifference. It used to be met with pure joy at the fact they were in the presence of a Madison Scout. Now it's to the point that you feel you have to explain you marched when they were an elite corps and constant fan favorite. These are the same kids that will pick a corps to march and Scouts aren't even thought of as a dream destination.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Is this what the Madison fans sounded like in 1989 when the corps dropped from 1st to 7th?

Not sure what the reactions were back then (I was only a year old), but that was the tightest scoring top 7 until 2007 if I remember correctly. I doubt most people were too harsh on them. It was still an entertaining program, with one of the most underrated openers in my opinion.

This year reminds me of 2006 a bit, where Madison tried to go in a different direction with their style, and got a lot of the fans and alumni upset over it after they had such a great program the year before. I remember watching the alumni corps that year play "The Way We Were" at semis and I thought that it was a bit ironic since the Scouts were trying reinvent themselves. This year seems similar, but I feel like this is an even bigger shift in a different (and wrong) direction for the organization. All that progress that was made from 2010-2015 seems like it was tossed aside and forgotten just because they barely missed finals in 2016. Had they made finals in 2016, I wonder if we would have still seen shows like "Last Man Standing" and "Heart & Soul". Maybe the executive staff would have made more rational decisions and looked back to what Mason had done, instead of trying to reinvent themselves beyond recognition...and I'm not talking about their costumes. 

• Like 1

Well, I expected this kind of reaction this morning from the Negative Nancies and got it. You all have a nice rest of the season as I'm done reading the vomitous bile you see fit to spew here on the DCP boards. I'll simply leave you with a couple of questions:

1. Has your complaining changed anything with the Scouts now or in the past?
  2. Does complaining make you feel any better?
  3. Do you think your complaining makes any reader feel better or more informed?

If you answered "No" to any of those questions I'd suggest you turn the mirror on yourself rather than the current administration, show designers, instructional staff, or marching members. I'm not talking about your "right" to complain, mind you, simply the efficacy of it.

Good day to you all and hope you find some peace.

“What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.”  ― Maya Angelou

• Like 1