Madison Scouts 2018

The Madison Scouts used to be able to grab my attention... and I believe the attention of most in the audience... within seconds of the start of their show. I watched and listened to the 2018 Madison Scouts and it seems like forever for them to do much to secure my attention and interest. The show simply meanders in the first few critical opening moments of the show visually. I wish it wern't so. I really do. I want the Madison Scouts to keep my interest from the 1st note and visual moves, to the end. As they have done for decades.  But thats it for my criticism of the 2018 Madison Scouts from here on in. I don't believe in kicking a Corps that might be struggling a bit at the moment. Theres still plenty of time to salvage the 2018 season for themselves.  I'm fully confident the Madison Scouts will turn this all around. The Corps has been here before, and have quickly done so. They will again, I'm sure. I wish them the very best.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Mad75 said:

A house cleaning of the ED, Director, Board President, and the Board was in order already years ago when blatant straying from the foundations of Madison was in full view!  Now, the latest shinny object distraction coming from the land of low performing leadership is, going "co-ed will fix what ails us"!...A house cleaning??...There may not be much of a house remaining after these low bar destroyers have thoroughly dismantled every last vestige of the Green Gods this season!  You know exactly who you are!...This ALL happened on your watch!  What a year to celebrate my corps 80 year anniversary!  Thanks a lot!

Mad75:

As I’ve read your posts over time, it is very obvious that have an immense amount of passion for the Madison Scouts. From your moniker, it looks like you marched over 40 years ago. 

Simple question—and maybe this is a fair question for alumni of all corps—what does your corps owe you after you age out?  What do you owe it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcikon2 said:

Questions:

1.  What is the average age of the corps this year?

2.  How many vets are marching?

A big concern right now, besides low placement, is retaining current membership for next season.

Madison has had the reputation as a "feeder corps" to the top 12 for a few years now...Retaining membership?  Change the leadership! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

Madison has had the reputation as a "feeder corps" to the top 12 for a few years now...Retaining membership?  

Agree -- very sad -- <dino>I would think having an iconic uni would help with retention </dino>

1 hour ago, Mad75 said:

Madison has had the reputation as a "feeder corps" to the top 12 for a few years now...Retaining membership?  Change the leadership! 

Any corps that isn't to 5 is a 'feeder corps', guaranteed.  I know people show have even hopped around the top 5.  Corps go in and out of being desirable to returning members... it happens.

13 minutes ago, goodmello said:

Any corps that isn't to 5 is a 'feeder corps', guaranteed.  I know people show have even hopped around the top 5.  Corps go in and out of being desirable to returning members... it happens.

Awe shux, it happens!  POINT IS, Madison for decades WAS a primary destination corps!  This happened for a reason other than "it just happens".  And, there it is...getting to the reason!

1 minute ago, Mad75 said:

Awe shux, it happens!  POINT IS, Madison for decades WAS a primary destination corps!  This happened for a reason other than "it just happens".  And, there it is...getting to the reason!

I argue that 'destination corps' largely don't happen anymore.  I have a friend who marched Bloo in 2016, took a summer off and is now at BD.  I have countless examples of this happening in the last few seasons alone.  For God sake Crown lost a chunk of guard to BOSTON last year...

I think this entire argument is just another way from people who marched like 20-30 years ago to feel offended over the activity/their past corps choices.

• Like 4