Madison Scouts 2018

16 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

So, 16th place?  Are any of you still defending the present regime?  If so, can you offer up why?  

From the look of things in the Scouts rear-view mirror, I'd say 16th place is hardly secure!...There's a few fast approaching drum corps closing at tremendous speed!

What a snowballing pathetic job by the leaderless leadership of the Scouts!  The best 80th year anniversary gift you could give to the memory, the alumni and the fans of this once great corps, would be for ALL OF YOU to resign en-mass 15 minutes after DCI Quarterfinals!  Truly a sad situation...

Edited by Mad75
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brianella said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/madisonscouts/permalink/10156495225868917/

this is a link for getting your input directly to leadership and the board. I did and was brutally honest. It is a more direct way than blogs to bring much needed change. I agree with your sentiments by the way swmstom

Link seems to be dead...

On 7/20/2018 at 5:31 PM, swmstom said:

From what I can gather, there are about to be some closed rehearsals where changes to the show will be made. Staff wants the changes to be a surprise.

Maybe...Here's the really big problem though!  Everyone is making their "BIG" end of season changes right now!  The modern day season is only 1 month, 10 days long!...With the season entering it's final 1/3rd, there's NOTHING in the way of changes that will make a difference for a 16/17th place corps at this stage of the game...everyone typically moves up at the same rate together!  Stick a fork in it!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

So, 16th place?  Are any of you still defending the present regime?  If so, can you offer up why?  

Troop is inching closer.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Troop is inching closer.

Back in the day, Troopers and Madison would square up well and had some pretty good rivalry years...The Casper Troopers would see it as a momentous victory to pass up the Scouts at Finals!  At this point, I'd be equally happy for them!

20 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

There is no defense for this failed regime. It's a gd embarrassment. If they don't step down they need to be fired. The Scouts have hit rock bottom. Question: When did Madison last finish a contest in 16th place? I'm guessing it's gotta be 50+ years.

10 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Is there actually a corps " from " where they are supposed to be from? I don't mean an office base. It used to be " where you are from meant members were from...A different time , different world for sure.

Now it's more like where office and admin are from. Even that stretches..lol

English as a 3rd language. Good lord.

3 hours ago, FlamMan said:

English as a 3rd language. Good lord.

Lord should be capitalized! :)

• Haha 2

On 7/20/2018 at 5:23 PM, Plankton said:

If The Madson Scouts finish 16th or lower this year, it will be their lowest placement in 50 years (20th, 1968 VFW Nationals).

Happy 80th Anniversary!

They won’t finish 16th.  

7 hours ago, Mad75 said:

Link seems to be dead...

So if u go to The Facebook page of Madison Scouts Fan Group, Chris posted it there. Yesterday evening. 

7 hours ago, Mad75 said:

Link seems to be dead...