Madison Scouts 2018

7 hours ago, Mad75 said:

Back in the day, Troopers and Madison would square up well and had some pretty good rivalry years...The Casper Troopers would see it as a momentous victory to pass up the Scouts at Finals!  At this point, I'd be equally happy for them!

While the last time Troopers and Madison would have been real rivals was in 1973, maybe 74, Troopers did make finals in 2009 and Madison placed 15th semi's. Troopers could edge closer, Madison's changes may be too little too late, but last night Madison was closer to Colts than Troopers were to Madison. Troopers could gain momentum come Atlanta and Allentown and Madison needs to be concerned, but the competitive challenge scoring higher than Colts and gaining ground on Spirit who has caught everyone by surprise and Academy. If this thread concerned Crossmen, I'd say they need to be worried.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mad75 said:

From the look of things in the Scouts rear-view mirror, I'd say 16th place is hardly secure!...There's a few fast approaching drum corps closing at tremendous speed!

What a snowballing pathetic job by the leaderless leadership of the Scouts!  The best 80th year anniversary gift you could give to the memory, the alumni and the fans of this once great corps, would be for ALL OF YOU to resign en-mass 15 minutes after DCI Quarterfinals!  Truly a sad situation...

These sentiments have been expressed many times, but ,let's just say the staff and board does resign en-mass, who selects the staff and board to replace them? You're going to have to work with what you've got to come up with a solution. You may look at Cadets as an example, but in that situation you were dealing with potentially criminal wrong doing and if the former director or board fought the action, it would have been potentially risky, especially for the former director.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

These sentiments have been expressed many times, but ,let's just say the staff and board does resign en-mass, who selects the staff and board to replace them? You're going to have to work with what you've got to come up with a solution. You may look at Cadets as an example, but in that situation you were dealing with potentially criminal wrong doing and if the former director or board fought the action, it would have been potentially risky, especially for the former director.

I see Jim Mason as the perfect person to get the branding and all the other issues sorted out

Edited by brianella
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, brianella said:

I see Jim Mason as the perfect person to get the branding and all the other issues sorted out

There have been many great people at Madison. There are underlying issues that drive people off. This also includes people on staff or in the Admin. who have been part of the Scouts history. Find that ( some know it ) and find the answer.

By the way, Show design. uniforms, females being let in, spats or no spats, the facade of some macho image, none of this is the reason. Peel this away, get over the excuses and one might find the issues. Maybe ask those who fled. There have been 2 corps with quite the reputation among staff people. Scouts are 1 the other seems to have got their act together. I can tell you though, both were oblivious for a long time, One seems to have solved it.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, FlamMan said:

English as a 3rd language. Good lord.

Meanwhile, half a nation away in CA...last night SCVC shaved 0.8 off the spread between them and MS. Good Lord. 

3 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

There have been many great people at Madison. There are underlying issues that drive people off. This also includes people on staff or in the Admin. who have been part of the Scouts history. Find that ( some know it ) and find the answer.

By the way, Show design. uniforms, females being let in, spats or no spats, the facade of some macho image, none of this is the reason. Peel this away, get over the excuses and one might find the issues. Maybe ask those who fled. There have been 2 corps with quite the reputation among staff people. Scouts are 1 the other seems to have go their act together. I can tell you though, both were oblivious for a long time, One seems to have solved it.

Agreed but quite mysterious 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FlamMan said:

There is no defense for this failed regime. It's a gd embarrassment. If they don't step down they need to be fired. The Scouts have hit rock bottom. Question: When did Madison last finish a contest in 16th place? I'm guessing it's gotta be 50+ years.

20th place, 1968 VFW Nationals.