Madison Scouts 2018

14 minutes ago, Tupac said:

I see that move out of Madison to Indiana really helped. 

Exactly. The Bloomington Scouts are a failure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afd said:

There are two Open Class corps from California that have the show to knock them further below and they have the shows to do it. 

Only 4 points now separate MS, Troop, PC and SCVC which picked up a 75.2 on Friday; last year on 07/27 they had a 72.9 and finished the year with an 81.975. Gonna be interestIng...

Just back from Atlanta...so my two cents. 

The show isn't quite as bad as I was expecting, but it's still not good, especially compared to some of the really cool and exciting programs above them. In general the Scouts show is just boring. Some ok stuff on the back half, but overall just boring. But then again maybe I'm just dumb and don't easily pick up on abstract, nuisanced meanings. I like to have the meaning spelled out for me...like Boston does literally. Or a show that has no story per say. It's just called "Rock your face" and the music and drill does it.

Anyway, I just don't see Scouts improving drastically enough with such a bad product to make Top 17. I think Troop passes them and then SCVC and maybe another will as well.

Such an unfortunate season.

• Thanks 1

I showed my Mom a picture of the Scouts costume and she cried. 

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

By what twist of fate do you imagine them failing to make semis?  25 corps advance... you think Madison will not be one of them?

I apologize, cixelsyd, I was still thinking only 17 moved on. I forgot that it's like the NHL and everyone is included!

It’s kinda sad in today’s drum corps that corps are kinda loosing their visual identity like Madison. To me the Scouts had that look. That Madison Scouts  look. I don’t see it at all. It comes down to progress is great for some and not for all.