Madison Scouts 2018

1 hour ago, dcikon2 said:

Yes, the overall product may not be at the level of other corps design wise, but it is not the fault of the performers.  We must try to keep the performers in mind on this forum.  In addition, there are many parents who view this site.

Everyones a winner!

• Thanks 1

The show is bad, yes. But what of the talent? Yes these guys are working thier tails off and I totally agree! Could SCV members be winning with this Madison show? And conversely, would the Madison members be winning with SCV show? You guys are saying the show is bad, which it is, where would they be with the concencus best show of the year?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:10 PM, Gantang said:

I always wonder about the "moves"...does that mean corps ahead of the corps making a move are just sleeping all day rather than learning re-writes and cleaning? The wheels have fallen off the Scouts' bus. Quarters may be their only Indy performance. They are barely breaking 80, and 13 points separate them from SCV...and Cascades on the other end. 

Looks like Scouts Are close to the same score that SCV had around 4th of July.

5 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yes they are!  Whether they’re a member from Pioneers or Blue Devils E, they have put in a summer we as fans will never forget.  I thank them for their effort and grit.  

Actually there will only be one winner.

31 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Any chance the Scouts will return to traditional uniforms next year as a result of this year’s placement?

I would say there is a very good chance. If Madison wants to be innovative & different, do what no one else is doing. When they zig, we zag. When they go high, we go low. OK, that didn't work out so well for HRC, but nevertheless,  the Scouts need to do something that sets them apart & is different from what every other drum corps is doing.

I would suggest the following changes:

1. Issue an announcement/press release that the Madison Scouts are returning to designing shows for the enjoyment of fans & marching members. Shows that are designed make ou stand & scream.

2. Return to traditional uniforms & have the color guard wear the same uni as the rest of the corps. Yes, including spats. 

3. Design a show that contains no prancing or body movement. None. Zero. Scouts return to the badaxx Superman suit image.

4. Design a show that contains no narration, excessive sub-woofer goo, or over amplification. 

5. Design a show that whips the crowd into a standing ovation frenzy. FFF company fronts, etc...

The Madison Scouts once again are the destination for every red blooded American Male who wants to march in drum corps without the silly prancing, ballet & body movement.

Everything old is new again.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Plankton said:

The alums? The DCI judges are proclaiming it.

SCVC had a very off night in brass and still pulled down a 76.00 tonight in Iowa with a 31.0 in GE and 15.3 in Percussion. To quote Shaggy, “Zoinks!”