Madison Scouts 2018

47 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

This is a drum corps messagd board. We talk about things. Many of us dont have the time, interest, inclination, or are willing to take a big paycut for a career in drum corp.

And there you go, That says it all,  no need for further comment

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FlamMan said:

I would say there is a very good chance. If Madison wants to be innovative & different, do what no one else is doing. When they zig, we zag. When they go high, we go low. OK, that didn't work out so well for HRC, but nevertheless,  the Scouts need to do something that sets them apart & is different from what every other drum corps is doing.

I would suggest the following changes:

1. Issue an announcement/press release that the Madison Scouts are returning to designing shows for the enjoyment of fans & marching members. Shows that are designed make ou stand & scream.

2. Return to traditional uniforms & have the color guard wear the same uni as the rest of the corps. Yes, including spats. 

3. Design a show that contains no prancing or body movement. None. Zero. Scouts return to the badaxx Superman suit image.

4. Design a show that contains no narration, excessive sub-woofer goo, or over amplification. 

5. Design a show that whips the crowd into a standing ovation frenzy. FFF company fronts, etc...

The Madison Scouts once again are the destination for every red blooded American Male who wants to march in drum corps without the silly prancing, ballet & body movement.

Everything old is new again.

The Scouts basically did this in 2010 to much success. Doing it again in 2019 could be an even bigger success.  As many corps have entered the jumpsuit-spandex,no-hat, here’s my face look, Madison would look pretty darn fresh in the old Scout’s  uni’s and a more traditional show.

If any corps  could get a lot of mileage by returning to their roots, it is Madison. 2019 will be ripe for tradition.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

The Scouts basically did this in 2010 to much success. Doing it again in 2019 could be an even bigger success.  As many corps have entered the jumpsuit-spandex,no-hat, here’s my face look, Madison would look pretty darn fresh in the old Scout’s  uni’s and a more traditional show.

If any corps  could get a lot of mileage by returning to their roots, it is Madison. 2019 will be ripe for tradition.

2016 proved that the "nostalgia bomb" schtick would no longer work for Madison. Going back to that would put a pretty low cap on their competitive success going forward.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

2016 proved that the "nostalgia bomb" schtick would no longer work for Madison. Going back to that would put a pretty low cap on their competitive success going forward.

Not any lower than a prancing sparkly blood clot "schtick".

Edited by Plankton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

2015 was great!  Why they didn’t continue down that path is odd.  Old look worked just fine.  2016 to present....all head scratchers.  

As someone mentioned earlier, “what’s old is new again”. And, for the past couple of years, the look of a drum corps has changed dramatically.  

Few corps can offer a history bridge like Madison. It wasn’t that long ago that the stadium would be abuzz with simply the sight of the Scouts entering the field.  The swagger has been missing the past few years. BUT, I sense a real hunger is out there for what the Scouts can offer.

There is a whole new generation of fans to be won over.  I believe Madison has an opportunity to capalize on it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Apparently, staying the course put them in 21st place next year. I love when  the experts kniw so much!

13 hours ago, Cappybara said:

A lot of corps used company fronts back in the day too. If anything I find company fronts a little less common now than they were before. 

I was intrigued by the statement where someone said screamers don’t get people off their feet anymore. I didn’t really realize that but now that I think about it, the talent level has increased so much that screamers are commonplace and it seems like many people have become a little bit immune to it. 

It’s a new era and a different audience that gets up for different things. Madison going back to the style of the 80s again to capture “the magic” is going to accomplish nothing but have people scratching their heads 

SCV, BD and Bloo's screamers seem to be getting great reactions

• Like 4