Madison Scouts 2018

Unfortunately, "Heart & Soul" ended up a bit of a heart attack. But here's hoping they have the heart to get back out there next year, and really pour their heart into the design process. As for all this coed talk: it would simply break my heart if Madison went coed. So, I hope that the Madison's staff will listen to their hearts, and realize that a heart-to-heart with the alumni will tell them that coed is a bad idea. Anyways, I guess maybe I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve, letting all this talk upset me, but sometimes my heart just isn't in this forum. 

Well, it's with a heavy heart that I'm signing off... I'm sending Madison a heartfelt best of luck as the season comes to a close. Get out there Madison and play your heart out!

<3 

B.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BostonLUck said:

Unfortunately, "Heart & Soul" ended up a bit of a heart attack. But here's hoping they have the heart to get back out there next year, and really pour their heart into the design process. As for all this coed talk: it would simply break my heart if Madison went coed. So, I hope that the Madison's staff will listen to their hearts, and realize that a heart-to-heart with the alumni will tell them that coed is a bad idea. Anyways, I guess maybe I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve, letting all this talk upset me, but sometimes my heart just isn't in this forum. 

Well, it's with a heavy heart that I'm signing off... I'm sending Madison a heartfelt best of luck as the season comes to a close. Get out there Madison and play your heart out!

<3 

B.

As for coed talk, luckily, the statement from the BOD, is that all talk of going coed

is off the table until after the 2019 season. Seems like they're trying to put out that fire to hang on to their jobs

and to buy themselves more time to plot their strategy going forward.

1 hour ago, BostonLUck said:

<3 

B.

sounds like you have a lot of heart but not much soul. :)

On 7/31/2018 at 4:28 PM, Nine White Russians said:

Sad that the activity has become an elite professional career for staff instead of an activity that serves youth. I know it's been that way for quite awhile, 

but if it truly were for the youth,  the judging would be prioritized toward the performers on the field, NOT the adult designers. 

I as a performer had absolutely zero control over WHAT I performed. I only had control over HOW I performed it. Why should

more than half of my score be based on something I have zero influence over?

So Corps have to be able to raise MINIMUM a million dollars per season to be anywhere near competitive! 

It's not sustainable for very long and I'm afraid more and more lower Corps will continue to fold.

In an idle moment a few days ago, I was reviewing the San Antonio results and wondered if the results would change if the corps were scored only on their performance/achievement.

For SCV, their SA score of 92.325 would become 91.850. a difference of 0.475.

For BD, their SA score of 90.975 would become 90.425, a difference of 0.550.

For BLUE, their SA score of 90.675 would become 89.900, a difference of 0.775.

For CC, their SA score of 90.088 would become 89.445, a difference of 0.643.

The order of placement in SA would be the same for these 4 corps under either approach.

My instinct  is to say that if judges were able to concentrate only on the MM's performances  and not have to also juggle trying to assess rises and falls in content/substance, it would be more fair to the efforts of the MMs.

Edited by 1956OPR
tying becomes trying

Made a donation today.  I hope it is well spent.

If the BOD says co-ed decision is on hold until after the 2019 season I hope that admin. makes an early announcement of the 2019 show that will attract new/returning MMS for next season. 

We had an oxygen show last year, heart/soul this year - try for another body part next year.  Kicka@@.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WIS said:

Made a donation today.  I hope it is well spent.

I made yet another donation today, too. Responded to the prompt and the BOD matching opportunity.

I'm not turned off the by costumes and lack of tradition and leadership as much as by the so-so show design. Whatever it takes to improve that, I hope someone at Forward Performing Arts can make it happen in 2019. 

• Like 1

81.275 for MS tonight at DCI East; Colts managed to get their show in before DCI pulled the plug for the rest of the night due to heavy rain. 

They are going to have to recruit VERY hard.   

Based on what I’ve heard, there aren’t going to be many returners.