Madison Scouts 2018

On 8/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, Nine White Russians said:

I would have a sliver of respect for this staff/admin if they owned up to this being an off year,

but they have done nothing but insist how wonderful everything is about this production. Then, when

anyone criticisizes, they throw a fit and blame the critic for this mess! They even call us names, like "old balls",

or worse, "old saggy balls". They say that we alums/fans/supporters need to do better/ do more.

This is a tactic called gas lighting by the way, and it's used by narcissists to divert resposibility and

keep their victim from gaining power and breaking free of the abusive relationship!

HAHAHAHA! I nearly died laughing when I read this. Of all the silly things to bring up. Calling alums and age outs "Old Balls" has been going on by members since at least the 90's. It is a joke. It is said in fun. Any one of the alums that walked into a gym on tour was always greeted with "Old balls in the gym!!!" It was an immediate thing upon aging out. The day after finals when everyone was clearing up, any age out that walked in was greeted that way. 

The truth is, even if you have issues with the leadership, we do need to do more if we want the corps to thrive. No reason they shouldn't be saying that. In fact, I hope they say it more and appeal to more alums to give more. If you have issues with the staff/admin, why not send them messages letting them know what you're unhappy with. Do so thoughtfully and respectfully rather than on a whim or aggressively, and they will meet you half way. I know this from personal experience as I've let them hear my thoughts from time to time.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

HAHAHAHA! I nearly died laughing when I read this. Of all the silly things to bring up. Calling alums and age outs "Old Balls" has been going on by members since at least the 90's. It is a joke. It is said in fun. Any one of the alums that walked into a gym on tour was always greeted with "Old balls in the gym!!!" It was an immediate thing upon aging out. The day after finals when everyone was clearing up, any age out that walked in was greeted that way. 

The truth is, even if you have issues with the leadership, we do need to do more if we want the corps to thrive. No reason they shouldn't be saying that. In fact, I hope they say it more and appeal to more alums to give more. If you have issues with the staff/admin, why not send them messages letting them know what you're unhappy with. Do so thoughtfully and respectfully rather than on a whim or aggressively, and they will meet you half way. I know this from personal experience as I've let them hear my thoughts from time to time.

members one thing. admin/staff...not good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weedy - Nah, this isn't members...this is one of the caption heads publicly rebuking/shaming a recently departed* alumnus

on a public forum, essentially telling him to pay up and shut up. I have had previous conversations with this staff member

in years past - I was polite, not trying to push my agenda or be disagreeable in any way - and he was rude, arrogant and smug

toward me. I've had this same experience with many other staff members in the last 10 or so years. So when they tell me to pony up on

my finances or #do more, I'm not very motivated to help any further. And I don't care if they are so called brothers, many of them

are rank a$$#oles and do not deserve my respect.

My mom, who hasn't gone to a show it years, is really excited to seem prelims in the theater. She texted me a picture of the line up and asked, "What the hell happened to Madison?" Yeah. I said they aren't good enough to make the theater broadcast. 

• Sad 4

How dare you criticize them! They are learning how to be better men and everything they do is wonderful!

There's no shame in winding up in 16th-19th place! Plus it's all about pleasing the crowd.....oh, wait.

Do you think S.S. would still be telling the men that? Does the current leadership subscribe to that theory? If you take away the Meghan generated souvie sales, do you think the crowd is so enamored with Madison that sales are strong? How many talented performers will flock to Madison's auditions if they lose to SCVC this week? These are all the things that pop into my head when I hear the tired "scores don't matter" mantra. Thank you for using sarcasm to point out the flaw in that philosophy! 

3 hours ago, Tupac said:

On the field from somewhere in Indiana,  presenting the 2019 program "Please Stop the Bleeding"   The Madison Scouts.

2018 is over, Wormer dropped the big one!!

Does that mean Scouts will play Academic Festival Overture in 2019?

20 hours ago, weedyweidenthal said:

So are you good with the present corps leadership?  Should the executive director and director be retained for another year?