Madison Scouts 2018

The season is over. not a good show, not a good concept. Thanks to Taras for bringing in his trophy for his little singing group. Ill conceived at the expense of the Madison Scouts and their brand.  The staff so full of themselves that they are sooo creative. Well Chad, you are not. The other staff that are supposed to be MEN of Madison enabled this fiasco come to life. The administration for letting this folly see the light of day shows that these guys need to bow out. Drum corps is clearly over their head. This is the MADISON SCOUTS !

How many amazing Scout alumni are teaching and running drum corps today at the highest levels?  Why are they not working with Madison? Most of these members will prob go to other corps next year, Brotherhood you say? You don't get better by replacing 75% of your members. Its the returning members that make a corps strong. What is peterson and komneck saying to persuade the members to comeback to Madison. Next year to gain continuity? 

On that note, are those two and the board of cronies returning as well? if so, it will be more of the same. But yet people blindly say its ok! we are trying, We are to change this, tweak that??? Those people have been singing that song all year. And chastising anyone who disagreed with any of it. well, It did not happen. It wont happen with this group. Complacency is a warm fuzzy sweater only non achievers and non competitors wear in a competitive activity. Out of the top 12 you are an afterthought, 16th, not even relevant in the drum corps world. 

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

All I know is if I were marching this year, I would certainly not go back next year. 

This will be the lowest finish in 50 years for Madison.  "Our future is bright. Go Scouts!." - Brent Turner, FPA Board Member -

Edited by Plankton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plankton said:

This will be the lowest finish in 50 years for Madison.  "Our future is bright. Go Scouts!" - FPA Board member, Brent Turner -

well that kinda says it all. typical salesman sucking up to komneck, he will be shleppin his rags to the director.

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

So are you good with the present corps leadership?  Should the executive director and director be retained for another year?

My guess is the answer is no, but hasn’t that been asked before? I think the question should be is someone better available. It’s probably not a situation where you fire current leadership, accept resumes, and interview potential candidates. You probably need a potential candidate ready to take the helm, even if it’s just interim. There’s also another problem. Madison is pretty fractured at this point. Is there anyone who would be acceptable to most people. No one will please everyone, but you need someone who could work with the board, alums, marching members, staff, and the other myriad of folks associated with the corps. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

My guess is the answer is no, but hasn’t that been asked before? I think the question should be is someone better available. It’s probably not a situation where you fire current leadership, accept resumes, and interview potential candidates. You probably need a potential candidate ready to take the helm, even if it’s just interim. There’s also another problem. Madison is pretty fractured at this point. Is there anyone who would be acceptable to most people. No one will please everyone, but you need someone who could work with the board, alums, marching members, staff, and the other myriad of folks associated with the corps. 

I refuse to believe there is no better option at this point. Because if there is no better option than this, then might as well fold up the tent and be done with it. 

• Like 4

Im not sure about other sections, but I think it is a safe bet to say that no MM in the guard will be returning.    100% turnover.  

Thats a massive problem.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gantang said:

Do you think S.S. would still be telling the men that? Does the current leadership subscribe to that theory? If you take away the Meghan generated souvie sales, do you think the crowd is so enamored with Madison that sales are strong? How many talented performers will flock to Madison's auditions if they lose to SCVC this week? These are all the things that pop into my head when I hear the tired "scores don't matter" mantra. Thank you for using sarcasm to point out the flaw in that philosophy! 

You hit the nail on the head!  The best part of their show is Meghan!  A really good female brass player/musician!  Time to jump the shark for real and go coed!   Scouts need a bigger talent pool...especially after the last 3 years!

4 minutes ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Im not sure about other sections, but I think it is a safe bet to say that no MM in the guard will be returning.    100% turnover.  

Thats a massive problem.   

Just asking, what is your reason,for this safe bet?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Plankton said:

This will be the lowest finish in 50 years for Madison.  "Our future is bright. Go Scouts!." - Brent Turner, FPA Board Member -

On the Scouts' FB Page, there is a fundraising ask that states, "HELP OUR CORPS TO THE GREATEST FINISH EVER!" How could they possibly be so obtuse as to use that wording while they are looking at the reality of finishing 18th and losing to two Open Class corps? I guess money is the measuring stick, not placement. 

Edited by Gantang
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Thats a massive problem.   

What happened in the guard?