Madison Scouts 2018

I am very concerned that the Madison Scouts may not survive after this disaster of a season. If the Scouts fold, it would be the single most devastating occurrence ever in the drum corps activity. CK & the current Madison regime must either resign or be fired. The Madison BOD can not continue to pay & employ any of these incompetent people.  The thought of this activity without the Madison Scouts is just unfathomable & sad.

The Madison Scouts Board of Directors must fire the current leadership team. Now. Immediately. Pronto.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Prsmpower4 said:

You hit the nail on the head!  The best part of their show is Meghan!  A really good female brass player/musician!  Time to jump the shark for real and go coed!   Scouts need a bigger talent pool...especially after the last 3 years!

Trolls alive and well.  Meghan is part of the scouts history now and has earned her place there.  Take the rest of your sexist sh!? and go elsewhere.  The scouts have a design staff issue.  The MMs are performing this thing as well as any corps could with the weight that they are bearing.  I'm quite frankly glad to see the Scouts members follow through on what they started. Its been a rough year and I'm sure the outside forces permeate into there lives.  I'm not proud of the vehicle they've been given, but I'm proud of their effort.  I hope they know their talent has shown through and your stupid argument is just another internet meme that no one will remember.

• Like 3

Vanguard Cadets scored just over 80. I don’t think that will be enough to capture the Scouts. 

I’m just curious as there is a ton of criticism on design. Yet you have on their design team Scott Boerma, Taras Nahirniak, James Sparling, and Chad Duggan.  They’re all part of the old Scout regime. Just wondering why their names are not being brought up with all this conversation.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FlamMan said:

What happened in the guard?

Out of respect to current MMs I’ll wait until after the season is over for a detailed response, but it is due to a combination of staff turnover/departures and unique challenges that the corps faced this year.  

Edited by GetOFFmyDot

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

I am very concerned that the Madison Scouts may not survive after this disaster of a season. If the Scouts fold, it would be the single most devastating occurrence ever in the drum corps activity. CK & the current Madison regime must either resign or be fired. The Madison BOD can not continue to pay & employ any of these incompetent people.  The thought of this activity without the Madison Scouts is just unfathomable & sad.

The Madison Scouts Board of Directors must fire the current leadership team. Now. Immediately. Pronto.

We’ve lost many important corps, not sure one is more significant than the others- however losing Scouts would be significant obviously 

that said - the discussion in the thread about opening the corps up to coed to solve the competitive issues are very misguided imo. Design and instruction are the issues, focus there. A decision the go or not go coed should be based on a desire to change the organization and allow it to service female as well as male members, not as a response to a perceived “crisis”

i would personally prefer they return to what made the organization unique in the past - and a real draw for prospective members. In your face loud and aggressive jazz programming with a fan friendly approach. Honestly that’s missing in today’s drum corps offerings 

lets go back the great big sound and the big clean company fronts and terrific jazz soloists. They need a draw, a unique quality. I feel they lost what made them special under their prior “dream team” staff and now they are just struggling for competitive success vs being “the Scouts!”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dark-helmet said:

Trolls alive and well.  Meghan is part of the scouts history now and has earned her place there.  Take the rest of your sexist sh!? and go elsewhere.  The scouts have a design staff issue.  The MMs are performing this thing as well as any corps could with the weight that they are bearing.  I'm quite frankly glad to see the Scouts members follow through on what they started. Its been a rough year and I'm sure the outside forces permeate into there lives.  I'm not proud of the vehicle they've been given, but I'm proud of their effort.  I hope they know their talent has shown through and your stupid argument is just another internet meme that no one will remember.

Someone compliments her playing abilities and you find that sexist? Then they add that the Scouts should go full coed to draw more talented members. Do you find that sexist, too? Please explain how you came to such a conclusion.

• Like 3

George Dixon, I think you've got it here. First of all, I happen to enjoy the present Madison Scouts show despite several things I prefer would be different. Mainly, the uniform choice and dominant color red/pink.  Plus, the flavor of the overall design is too "ballad" for me.

What's missing this year is a BIG opening statement, I think.  As I consider what drives the popularity of Santa Clara, I note a highly charged first number that grabs the audience by the throat and demands audience attention from that point forward. Vanguard's tightly-packed, explosive sound. The screaming mellos, etc.  Reminds me of the "old" Madison. SCV fills the stage upfront with excitement that lasts A major league frenzy beginning to end. Of course, Vanguard's exceptional talent helps!

No Finals for Madison in 2018, but I have faith they will find their way back in a year, or two.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, FlamMan said:

On Tuesday of championship week?

Figured this thread would be ramping up the lunacy by now, but... wow.  The corps may not survive because they miss finals this year?  And that would be more devastating than losing Royal Airs in 1969, or when Kingsmen failed to field in 1975?  Or when World War II caused the suspension of many drum corps competitions?

• Like 3