Madison Scouts 2018

I've allowed myself to be sucked into this toxic vortex. Maybe when the constructive posts start, something positive might happen. The blame game sure isn't helping. I remember now why I usually just casually lurk and don't post on social media. As I said, good luck to the Scouts. I award this topic no points...

• Like 1

My comments are for those that are criticizing and wanting change.

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with solutions, rather than criticisms. People want the ED out, then who do you have in mind to bring in? They want the designers out, who do you want in?

There are so many saying they're not going to give money, then what are you doing? It's easy to throw shade, but what's the plan? How are YOU making things better?

If your response is something like "I'm not giving money to this board or ED, then you're part of the problem and not part of the solution.

So as I posted about many pages ago, what are your plans? What are you doing?

• Like 2

I didn’t blame the alumni for the show design. Reading is tough... no?

But the comment was posed (and ill paraphrase) that some would rather see the corps continue to fail until a revamp is done. This is true. And I gave you an example of how. 

I just hope whomever has their pitchfork and torch out for this admin is accepting of it if they are in the Board or Director’s shoes later in life. I hope they can do better than the current gents who got this corps out of the hole it was in. Without sacrificing how the corps builds men. 

• Thanks 3

This is going on for a very long time. I think the question needs to be asked.

Many have come and have gone ( directors, staff, MMs etc etc)

With many and many of quality who have gone what is there or stays? There is something that blocks things from either getting better or moving forward. This should be looked at imo.

Losing the Scouts should not even be an option and will hurt the activity in general.

Good luck Scouts this week and beyond.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

I didn’t blame the alumni for the show design. Reading is tough... no?

But the comment was posed (and ill paraphrase) that some would rather see the corps continue to fail until a revamp is done. This is true. And I gave you an example of how. 

I just hope whomever has their pitchfork and torch out for this admin is accepting of it if they are in the Board or Director’s shoes later in life. I hope they can do better than the current gents who got this corps out of the hole it was in. Without sacrificing how the corps builds men. 

Chris, you're missing my point, and my post was not geared towards you. It is geared towards those with their "pitchfork" as you stated. Look back through the pages and there are so many posts criticizing the BOD, ED, and design team and have offered nothing but calling for change.

I'm all for change, and discussing it, if there's a plan. But from too many alums on FB and here, as well as other fans, it's nothing but "we want change" with nothing else in their rhetoric.

• Like 1

I am here because I have heard so many negative thing about this place and I had to come read for myself. To all you people who think they know more than the kids and management should find something else to do and not come here simply to post negative things about the Scouts. These kids bust their butts to make the best of what they are given and you arrogant  no nothings who couldn't design a show if your life depended on it should take a hike. Support them, love them, appreciate what they have gone through and help them. I'm sure all you negative ***holes don't have kids or family marching this season and if you did you are bigger fools than we expected. You should be ashamed pointing fingers at one another. Maybe if you supported the Scouts like the Cadets were supported things would be better. But your anger and arrogance is more important to you. You should be ashamed of treating this organization this way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I saw Madison perform only once this summer.

Good storytelling starts out with a solid opening line, such as Once Upon A Time.

It is rare, if ever, that a good story begins with Once Upon A Time, Once Upon A Time, Once Upon A Time, Once Upon A Time.

So, I was frustrated with the design from the get go.

Edited by DeanInChicago
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

My comments are for those that are criticizing and wanting change.

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with solutions, rather than criticisms. People want the ED out, then who do you have in mind to bring in? They want the designers out, who do you want in?

There are so many saying they're not going to give money, then what are you doing? It's easy to throw shade, but what's the plan? How are YOU making things better?

If your response is something like "I'm not giving money to this board or ED, then you're part of the problem and not part of the solution.

So as I posted about many pages ago, what are your plans? What are you doing?

This is such tiring bs. This is a fricken Internet forum . When people expressed frustration with Hopkins did you demand they name his replacement?  You must know CK and DP's replacements, by name, or you can't criticize on an Internet forum?  Nonsense. That's the job of the BOD, and they better be up to the task, or they too should be replaced. Just like what they did at Cadets. Oh and by the way, that turned out pretty well, didn't it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Plankton said:

The worst placement in 50 years. FIFTY. YEARS.

Well at least they didn’t borrow money to pay for it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

But from too many alums on FB and here, as well as other fans, it's nothing but "we want change" with nothing else in their rhetoric.

While they're also ironically b*tching about change at the same time :doh:

• Like 2