Madison Scouts 2018

16 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, you are just as wrong about me as everything else.  I posted my opinion of the show design earlier today (keyword: cringeworthy).  I just have not yet chosen to extend my armchair quarterbacking to demand they fire the staff, fire the admins, fire the BOD... speaking of fire, what happened to my hair?

What?

16 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Woa, hang on here...by "starving" are you saying that the corps members aren't being fed regularly???

they're well fed, traveled, and cared for infinitely better than generations before have been.  "starving" refers to those who've stated they'll not support the corps in any way until they see a revamp of the board, admin, coordinators...etc.  Turning your back on your family when they're down, to me, means you don't need to be welcomed back only when things are all sunshine and rainbows.  You dont get it both ways.  You can't walk away, and expect your voice to be heard. 

I think my point is, yes, there should be one voice for the show design, and if it's not up to par, you change that person and their team.  (except Boerma... his arrangement to me, is what Madison Sounds like)   You take the good with the bad.  The good, they're not folding, and some budget aspects seemed way better than years before.  The bad, the show design isn't placing how we'd like.  One thing is much easier to fix next season than another.  I don't believe anyone in the admin would sit on this years competitive success, and then say "yeah, let's do that again".  But they would say, what do we need to do, as an admin, to provide all the tools necessary to  put a team in place to put the corps at back where they should be, without sacrificing how the members are treated. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

It is almost a bizarre strategy for a big anniversary. If folks in charge wanted the radical change of Heart & Soul, you’d think they might have passed it to next year.

Not sure anyone’s mentioned that we don’t even get that cool Madison DM salute for this 80th.

Because that would look too masculine. They need to beige things up a bit, preparing for that participation ribbon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Q of A said:

Because that would look too masculine. They need to beige things up a bit, preparing for that participation ribbon.

Yup. Gender neutrality! Yay!

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

1.  As long as your corps wins, all is well.  If your corps loses, the sky is falling.  Thanks for illustrating my point.

4.  What replacement staff do you expect will jump at the chance to work for a corps with such loyal and appreciative supporters as yourself?

yeah. this point 4 is a tough one.  in entertainment design, we tack onto my estimates for the amount of headache we receive for working with certain groups.  yknow...   art, fun, money.  the three components you think about when we take on a project.  whichever we need more of, we take from the other two to supplement. 

4 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

they're well fed, traveled, and cared for infinitely better than generations before have been.  "starving" refers to those who've stated they'll not support the corps in any way until they see a revamp of the board, admin, coordinators...etc.  Turning your back on your family when they're down, to me, means you don't need to be welcomed back only when things are all sunshine and rainbows.  You dont get it both ways.  You can't walk away, and expect your voice to be heard. 

I think my point is, yes, there should be one voice for the show design, and if it's not up to par, you change that person and their team.  (except Boerma... his arrangement to me, is what Madison Sounds like)   You take the good with the bad.  The good, they're not folding, and some budget aspects seemed way better than years before.  The bad, the show design isn't placing how we'd like.  One thing is much easier to fix next season than another.  I don't believe anyone in the admin would sit on this years competitive success, and then say "yeah, let's do that again".  But they would say, what do we need to do, as an admin, to provide all the tools necessary to  put a team in place to put the corps at back where they should be, without sacrificing how the members are treated. 

You finally admit this show was terrible! You have been one of the head cheer leaders all year long saying that it had potential. Just wait it will get better, Chastising all who said any different. Now you say that the show is crap?? You have been spouting all year now this. what a beauty! 

6 minutes ago, Q of A said:

You finally admit this show was terrible! You have been one of the head cheer leaders all year long saying that it had potential. Just wait it will get better, Chastising all who said any different. Now you say that the show is crap?? You have been spouting all year now this. what a beauty! 

actually. i've never said this show was amazing.  I did say to trust the process, and support the guys, because no one knows how that goes with the current team beyond the team. and scrapping the entire idea or team, to hand to someone else and say "fix this" is both a poor financial decision, and often results in an even more piecemeal production.  I actually like the idea of the show. and I like the song choices.  We shall see what happens today.  Because its not like the corps phoned it in, and went out drinking all night.  Do I wish it was in the top 10? sure.  But process in this day and age is varied. never know what will happen.  We shall see how the execution of this show takes place in a few hours and what they've done to it. 

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MadScout80 said:

I know many alums who don't post here that support the corps regardless of placement.  I truly think it's the majority.  DCP is a pretty small view of the real world out there.  My experience at alumni events is very different than the tone of this thread.  

In the big picture the organization is as strong as ever (my opinion), and continuing to teach life lessons. 

Go Scouts!

.  I’ve spoken with a few fellow alums from different decades and to a man the love and support is there for current brothers; however the acute frustration with what many believe - including me- of a substandard product from a design perspective is all too prevalent in any discussion.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scout9193 said:

.  I’ve spoken with a few fellow alums from different decades and to a man the love and support is there for current brothers; however the acute frustration with what many believe - including me- of a substandard product from a design perspective is all too prevalent in any discussion.  

Substandard? I wish as much. The worst in fifty years.

10 minutes ago, Plankton said:

Substandard? I wish as much. The worst in fifty years.

You’re right. Burn it all down. Salt the earth.  

• Like 1