Madison Scouts 2018

well looking at early scores they get a tomorrow LOL.

but someone else mentioned...if staff/design keeps leaving, there's an issue, and it aint the kids

56 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I just have not yet chosen to extend my armchair quarterbacking to demand they fire the staff, fire the admins, fire the BOD... speaking of fire, what happened to my hair?

41 minutes ago, Q of A said:

What?

In other words, I am not lighting my hair on fire and demanding we fire everyone potentially "responsible" for 2018 Madison Scouts.  (I know, the humor is lost if I have to explain the punchline to you.)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

You’re right. Burn it all down. Salt the earth.  

3 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

You’re right. Burn it all down. Salt the earth.  

Provided there’s a plan to move forward then yes it may be time to reboot.  In my opinion the first call should be to Jim Mason (again).  Since he “left” * cough cough * the product has certainly regressed.

• Like 1

Just now, Plankton said:

They are doing a fine job of burning it down all by themselves. 

im hoping all the curmudgeons will leave first.  screw it. add females into the corps. that'll really #### em off. 

• Thanks 1

I have not been on here too much, I get too angry at the so called experts. They watch drum corps on the TV ! They know so much!  Well Madison show is not for me. I know the guys in the corps busted their backsides. Probably enjoyed the year. Its not like they we in first place last year and here they are. This is the placement that they know, this is what they are. You are only as good as your staff. Yes talent has a lot to do with it but heart and a great staff to pull it out of you is worth more. I think, and believe the older Alumni are angry because the present Scouts are not getting the same fighting chance we were given. When I marched, I had arguably one of the best brass arrangers ever in drum corps, one of the best percussion guys and The head guard instructor was an amazing talent. Near the Top in there field of expertise. Hands down one of the most flamboyant, Motivators of the brass line drum corps has ever seen, But he not only motivated the brass but everyone else right down to the bus drivers. These leaders, Mentors and life long friends made you better, made you want to be better than you might have been in another organization. 

I feel bad for the guys and angry and disappointed with the staff. you cant win the Indy 500 in a vw beetle, Also believe all the faux hype with its,  you are letting the guys down if you say you don't like the show added to the passion of how can that be our 80th year anniversary show for the Men of Madison in those costumes. I have never seen such a division in the Scouts Alumni. 

Something must change somewhere, People, direction I don't know but willing to help.  I have done a lot for the corps and the Alumni. On to bigger and better?

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well looking at early scores they get a tomorrow LOL.

but someone else mentioned...if staff/design keeps leaving, there's an issue, and it aint the kids

Just now, Plankton said:

Worst finish in 50 years. Third worst finish ever. EVER.

so you're saying the poop isn't over head level?  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, BigShow said:

Something must change somewhere, People, direction I don't know but willing to help.  I have done a lot for the corps and the Alumni. On to bigger and better?

this is the key though. so many aren't willing to help.  they're happier grumbling from behind a keyboard instead of trying to raise money, or even pick up someone from the airport.