Madison Scouts 2018

4 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

this is the key though. so many aren't willing to help.  they're happier grumbling from behind a keyboard instead of trying to raise money, or even pick up someone from the airport. 

A divided alumni is not going to do Jack. The Alumni needs to be brought back together. I believe there was a seat on the board for an Alum. I know there was! Then there has to be specific things laid out for the Alums to work as a unit.   I know logistically it wont happen, But bring the Scouts home to Madison, Wisconsin. Get the community back behind them. Build your contributors locally. Or start saying the truth and be from Indiana and go after local there. Set some roots. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

this is the key though. so many aren't willing to help.  they're happier grumbling from behind a keyboard instead of trying to raise money, or even pick up someone from the airport. 

That’s a fair statement Chris( is that your name- if not sorry) though I do believe it cuts both ways.  My interaction with current admin and staff have been limited due to where I live; however, when I have interacted f-t-f I was treated with either a mild neglect or outright “you’re an alumnus?  So what don’t care” by both staff and sr. corps mgmnt.  I’d chalked it up to the late July/early August “tour burnout” that can creep in.  The more I’ve read-talked to other alumni in the last couple years it has become my opinion that this is more a reflection of the sentiment “ we just want your money and not a conversation with you”

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, scout9193 said:

That’s a fair statement Chris( is that your name- if not sorry) though I do believe it cuts both ways.  My interaction with current admin and staff have been limited due to where I live; however, when I have interacted f-t-f I was treated with either a mild neglect or outright “you’re an alumnus?  So what don’t care” by both staff and sr. corps mgmnt.  I’d chalked it up to the late July/early August “tour burnout” that can creep in.  The more I’ve read-talked to other alumni in the last couple years it has become my opinion that this is more a reflection of the sentiment “ we just want your money and not a conversation with you”

Yep. "Put up AND shut up".

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Plankton said:

Yep. "Put up AND shut up".

ive never had that  experience with staff, board, no one.  Im not saying anyone else has not had that experience as described.  but i have not. 

Edited by C.Holland

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

And there they went!

2018 is in the books - 

Please go back to the normal uniform for 2019!!!

There are still a lot of talented young men looking to march with the Scouts -

please return to your roots -- 

Learn from the Troopers.

Their season isn't over. Fact.

• Thanks 1