Madison Scouts 2018

38 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well, what you meant, and what you actually posted here with your words, we're two entirely different things, MikeD. You twisted your words, as the words clearly implied that you have marchers, staff, adm. ( you exact words above ) " rolled into one " for the responsibility of 16th place. Thats untrue. The post you replied too above blamed the staff/ mgt. for this.  CLEARLY, just them. You " rolled " the marchers into this sharing of responsibility. Perhaps this was not your intent. But YOU perhaps got " twisted " up in your words.

So we are clear here... it is my understanding from reading the entire thread that not a single poster has blamed the marchers for any shortfalls this season, of any kind. Do you agree with this assessment ? It is also my assessment that all the comments on this thread for the shortcomings this summer rests entirely and wholly with staff and mgt. Agreed ? Or do you disagree with who is responsible ?  It is also my sense from reading the comments on here so far from posters is that you do not like their assessments of where the blame should lie for Madison's shortcomings this season. Is my assessment correct, or not with this ? It is also my assessment that it was YOU who brought into the discussion the 2018 Madison Scouts marchers as being " rolled into this" with staff and mg for the shortcomings.  Did I read your own words correctly with this ? or not ?  

If you want to be the first to bring the marchers of the Madison Scouts into this thread in a discussion of the shortfalls for this season, you might have been better served not to have ":rolled them into one " with staff/ mgt, is all I'm saying MikeD.  I did not "twist your words ". I aim for clarification here, not pick a fight with you.. I'm actually on your side in the belief that airing out one's anger with staff/ mgt is not best served here in a public forum ( read my previous comments on this above, if unsure ), but in private, and with the people that can make changes. That said, most marchers are thick skinned, I believe. They can handle criticism... ESPECIALLY... when none of it here on this thread has been directed to them in the least by anyone on here so far, MikeD.  As such, the 2018 Madison Scouts marchers should not be " rolled into this " discussion for the first time here now at all, imo... except to perhaps state very clearly that they have no blame at all for any 2018 Madison Scouts shortcomings. Every one on here so far seems to agree the shortcomings rests squarely with staff/ mgt, MikeD. Thus, what is said here in criticism is not directed towards them at all. I think the Scouts 2018 marchers are smart enough to read the comments posted on here and  understand this too

You really know exactly what I meant. Not sure why you are being obtuse in this, but OK. We'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

You really know exactly what I meant. Not sure why you are being obtuse in this, but OK. We'll leave it at that.

Maybe we can meet halfway... I'm obtuse with this, and you unintentionally twisted your words... and we leave it at that. Fair deal ?... lol

The Scouts marching members superbly executed a show that was subpar in its design. Does that assessment delineate responsibility for the 16th place finish accurately? Something obviously went wrong, so some criticism should be expected. 

In 173 pages, nobody has said anything negative about the corps' members. They did their job very well. The folks who put the show together … not so much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WarriorHal said:

The Scouts marching members superbly executed a show that was subpar in its design. Does that assessment delineate responsibility for the 16th place finish accurately? Something obviously went wrong, so some criticism should be expected. 

In 173 pages, nobody has said anything negative about the corps' members. They did their job very well. The folks who put the show together … not so much.

They performed to their utmost ability, indeed. But was the show design limited because of the talent level of the people who auditioned? Did the design team necessarily design a show that was within the kids' proficiency as the staff projected forward 9 months? In the past, shows have started hard and been watered down but it seems that shows now are actually made more difficult as the season progresses. Did Madison add more difficult content during the season or did they stay static with a show that they hoped would be perfected by the MMs in August? I guess this is a chicken/egg question.