Madison Scouts 2018

Scouts just announced via Facebook and their website that Marie Czapinski will be an advisor to the visual program.

Not sure how I feel about that...

27 minutes ago, dcifan1999 said:

Scouts just announced via Facebook and their website that Marie Czapinski will be an advisor to the visual program.

Not sure how I feel about that...

Marie Czapinski is a long time DCI judge. She is also the only person to have been elected to the DCI " Hall of Fame ", the Bands of America " ( BOA )Hall of Fame " and the Winter Guard International ( WGI ) Hall of Fame . I actually  did not know this until reading the Madison Scouts Press Release out today. This is potentially a great pick up by the Scouts. Apparently Ms. Czapinski won't design or write for the Scouts, but she will become their 2018 season" Visual Program Advisor ".

http://www.madisonscoutslive.com/mainsite/2017/12/scouts-welcome-marie-czapinski/

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

she was with Regiment recently (last year?)

recent enough that it didn't seem to help them move up, for what its worth

Remembering when her husband (now deceased) did great things with the Scouts.

59 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Is she still a DCI judge?

I believe her last DCI judging assignment was on Finals Night in 2015  (on Guard)

I thought Marie always seemed to have a thing against the two all-male corps back in her judging days? Surprising she's working with one now.

DCI schedule changes mean I think I'll make Whitewater my tour premier this year. Have never seen a corps show in Wisconsin, sadly.

An early rumblings about Scouts' look for 2018? Educated guess from connected folks?

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

An early rumblings about Scouts' look for 2018? Educated guess from connected folks?

I'm hoping for another thematic variation of the classic look, but not nearly as crazy as last year's look.

• Like 1