Madison Scouts 2018

On 4/2/2018 at 11:44 AM, Ghost said:

Started watching on the lap top, but before the opening was half over, I stopped watching.  Time to dust off the HMDI and put it on the big screen.

I set PlayStation vue to save it.  I was going to watch the first hour and then go to TWD.  It was so good that I recorded TWD instead and watched JCS live in it’s entirety. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, Jeff Ream said:

yeah they nailed this one

Pretty much. I think John Legend is very talented but that role screams for a much more powerful voice. Think of the originals. Ian Gillan, Ted Neely- both of those guys can absolutely belt it out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SFZFAN said:

Pretty much. I think John Legend is very talented but that role screams for a much more powerful voice. Think of the originals. Ian Gillan, Ted Neely- both of those guys can absolutely belt it out. 

No one is gonna top Ted singing Gethsemane. Or maybe not.   I have the original London cast album.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

I caught Ted Neely doing this role on a reunion tour back about 12 years ago or so.  He could still belt that number out. It’s hair raising live. Corey Glover of Living Colour did the Judas role. I swear he could have mashed up Superstar with Cult of Personality and it would have been awesome. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I set PlayStation vue to save it.  I was going to watch the first hour and then go to TWD.  It was so good that I recorded TWD instead and watched JCS live in it’s entirety. 

It was so powerful, especially the last half. That crucifixition sceen at the end was magic and the way they handled Judas’ hanging was perfect. I also hoped that various drum corps took note of the choreography. It was brilliant. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

It’s funny, I’m not a huge “Jesus Christ, Superstar” fan, I like parts but in small doses, but Madison 1999 is always on my list of top ten shows. I did not see Sunday’s special. I intended to, but a local station had a “Blue Bloods” marathon and I can’t resist a show featuring an Irish Catholic family that argues at the dinner table every Sunday. It’s probably genetic. It does seem like I missed something great.

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

No one is gonna top Ted singing Gethsemane. Or maybe not.   I have the original London cast album.  

Ah, the 70s. I'm going to ask Siri to play some Kansas.

As a FWIW, there's a pretty good live arena showing of JC Superstar from 2012 on DVD.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of the most powerful voices in the history of Rock music. I have the original CDs as well. 

• Like 1