Madison Scouts 2018

5 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

1 minute ago,  Triple Forte said: 

yeah but here's the thing can you feel in your face cocky and fun with a dress on? You hear from actors all the time that wardrobe is a key part to them finding their characters and feeling the part. if Madison doesn't have a strong visual presence then I doubt they're going to project a strong style .  Do you want to see what Madison used to be...look at  the bluecoats the last couple years.  that is what Madison used to be high energy musical shows . 

Madison's 2015 Corps was just fine by me except for the narration

Apart from the girl in the corps, who is wearing a dress?

Just now, Cappybara said:

Apart from the girl in the corps, who is wearing a dress?

OK obviously I'm not being literal here but you get the basic point right

1 minute ago, Triple Forte said:

OK obviously I'm not being literal here but you get the basic point right

Not really. You point to Bloo the past few years as an example yet the only of those years Bloo hasn’t worn spandex is this year. There are many problems with the Madison Scouts, but the uniform is not one of them. 

6 hours ago, Plankton said:

If The Madson Scouts finish 16th or lower this year, it will be their lowest placement in 50 years (20th, 1968 VFW Nationals).

Happy 80th Anniversary!

I just hope the Scouts can survive a 16th place finish and continue.

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Not really. You point to Bloo the past few years as an example yet the only of those years Bloo hasn’t worn spandex is this year. There are many problems with the Madison Scouts, but the uniform is not one of them. 

Many people have a problem with the new Madison costume.

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Masculinity is frowned upon by the vocal minority. Shame on manly men!

Masculinity is not frowned upon. 

What is frowned upon is the concept that men HAVE to act masculine in order to be considered men. 

What is frowned upon is the cage-like gender roles that have prevented free expression for generations before us. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Many people have a problem with the new Madison costume.

I'm sure "many" people do, but the members certainly don't as that survey posted earlier showed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Masculinity is not frowned upon. 

What is frowned upon is the concept that men HAVE to act masculine in order to be considered men. 

What is frowned upon is the cage-like gender roles that have prevented free expression for generations before us. 

That is so 2018. We should probably end this discussion before many get triggered and run crying to their safe space room full of stuffed animals.

Just now, FlamMan said:

That is so 2018. We should probably end this discussion before many get triggered and run crying to their safe space room full of stuffed animals.

Look in the mirror