Madison Scouts 2018

42 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Pacific Crest or SCVC?

The corps ahead of PC— VC. Pacific Crest is from Diamond Bar, CA, which is a long way from the Bay Area! :tongue:

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

because they are from the Republic of Madison, Wisconsin which with Berkeley, California and the Republic of Boulder, Colorado make being p.c. a god to which all must bow.

Is there actually a corps " from " where they are supposed to be from? I don't mean an office base. It used to be " where you are from meant members were from...A different time , different world for sure.

Now it's more like where office and admin are from. Even that stretches..lol

Edited by GUARDLING

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I thought they had a really great performance today, they’ve progressed SO much in one week since St. Louis.  

The soloist is phenomenal and the Snarky Puppy part of the show is SO much fun.  Crowd loved them too.  

I’m glad that we have people like you on DCP who are always looking to accentuate the positive aspects of a corps, even when their thread generally says otherwise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Is there actually a corps " from " where they are supposed to be from? I don't mean an office base. It used to be " where you are from meant members were from...A different time , different world for sure.

Now it's more like where office and admin are from. Even that stretches..lol

however, corps find their "hometowns" quick when in need of fundraising from foundations and arts donors, when needing housing and show sites, etc. 

It's nice to have some positive opinions about Scouts here. But I'm sorry..I can't sunshine pump when my once proud corps has lost all sense of identity and is now in serious threat of not even making the Top 17. 

Change HAS to be made. This ship HAS to be righted or there will no longer be any such thing as The Madison Scouts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swmstom said:

It's nice to have some positive opinions about Scouts here. But I'm sorry..I can't sunshine pump when my once proud corps has lost all sense of identity and is now in serious threat of not even making the Top 17. 

Change HAS to be made. This ship HAS to be righted or there will no longer be any such thing as The Madison Scouts.

Theyd have to lose 4 points to fall out of top 17

• Like 1

Just now, swmstom said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/madisonscouts/permalink/10156495225868917/

this is a link for getting your input directly to leadership and the board. I did and was brutally honest. It is a more direct way than blogs to bring much needed change. I agree with your sentiments by the way swmstom