Madison Scouts 2018

11 hours ago, Mad75 said:

Yea!...That's because there's a pretty good chance for them to finish "south" of 16th!!! giphy.gif

For the love of Christ, use your inside voice and resize your image inserts!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 6:46 PM, GUARDLING said:

Is there actually a corps " from " where they are supposed to be from? 

I don't know what " supposed to be from " means. If you are talking about " supposed to be" from the Parish , these types of Drum Corps went out of favor around 1960 or so. Parishes early on opted to sponsor marchers in Corps who were only from that Parish. There were hundreds of these Corps once. Most Corps, in order to remain competitive, or become more competitive, decided in the 1960's however to take in marchers " not where they are supposed to be from " (ie, the Parish, or the local Community ), and so the Parish's Parishioners ( and some local towns organizations ) understandably  decided not to fund these types of Drum Corps any longer.  The few remaining surviving Drum Corps of today, as we all know, have now expanded well beyond the local communities and states to now all over the world in many cases. A Corps home naming rights as a result now tends to come from where it chiefly raises its operating funds to operate their world wide Drum Corps now.. and not anymore from where its marchers are from, as that all changed, and in a major way with many Drum Corps,  before DCI was even formed in 1972.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I don't know what " supposed to be from " means. If you are talking about " supposed to be" from the Parish , these types of Drum Corps went out of favor around 1960 or so. Parishes early on opted to sponsor marchers in Corps who were only from that Parish. There were hundreds of these Corps once. Most Corps, in order to remain competitive, or become more competitive, decided in the 1960's however to take in marchers " not where they are supposed to be from " (ie, the Parish, or the local Community ), and so the Parish's Parishioners ( and some local towns organizations ) understandably  decided not to fund these types of Drum Corps any longer.  The few remaining surviving Drum Corps of today, as we all know, have now expanded well beyond the local communities and states to now all over the world in many cases. A Corps home naming rights as a result now tends to come from where it chiefly raises its operating funds to operate their world wide Drum Corps now.. and not anymore from where its marchers are from, as that all changed, and in a major way with many Drum Corps,  before DCI was even formed in 1972.

yes..exactly my point " as I did say" from" is just the office or Admin ( not members) Drum corps have I guess also gone beyond their own thing like YEA , inspire etc etc which does support " Local groups of members" which can help with fundraising

38 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I got to see the show live twice this past week, including once in Belton with no uniforms.  Overall, it's a tale of two halves. The back half of the show is definitely Madison.  The front half of the show takes an incredibly long time to get up and running without really going much of anywhere. 

What about a tale of two ventricles?

I think this coincides with the first half being "literally about what the heart does" and the second half being "I got the feels in my heart." The first half just seems silly to me. And the second half seems like they said "well, we should put something in that sounds like Malaga" (though I love that part).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Gotta say, though - Megan is absolutely killing it when she's out there, and wish I didn't have to wait half the show to see her.  

Imagine if Bluecoats hid Olivia for the first half of the show!  She adds, even when she is not singing.

• Like 3

Perhaps the 1st half of the show will be re-worked during closed rehearsals.  It will be interesting to see how this show progresses once the changes are made.

8 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Perhaps the 1st half of the show will be re-worked during closed rehearsals.  It will be interesting to see how this show progresses once the changes are made.

At this late stage of the season, they can make all the changes they want!  But, it rarely equates to score improvement as it relates to other competitors.  Scouts are probably a lock at 16-18.

40 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

At this late stage of the season, they can make all the changes they want!  But, it rarely equates to score improvement as it relates to other competitors.  Scouts are probably a lock at 16-18.

And this blood clot of a show will be the their worst placing in 50 years.

• Haha 1