Madison Scouts 2018

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Answering my own question: Someone in the show thread noted that the heart prop opens up into a piano (or revealing a piano?) with a "heart and soul tag line" at the end.

The male and female couple depart the heart drill that previously ended the show, head back to the heart prop, the prop opens up to reveal a piano, and they pretend to play the piano (I think - or maybe there was somebody back there already playing it).

Guys, I can't tell you how cheesy that addition was. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

Is the Scouts organization not able to pay Chris his full salary?  Are the designers paid less than staff at other corps?

I got the information from the forward performing arts link that was posted by Chris on the FAcebook page Madison Scouts Ciffee house. In the past he has worked without a salary and if I remember is receiving 2/3. The staff payment info I got from several members who left for more lucrative employment at other corps. They have financial needs. I hope that helps

42 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

The male and female couple depart the heart drill that previously ended the show, head back to the heart prop, the prop opens up to reveal a piano, and they pretend to play the piano (I think - or maybe there was somebody back there already playing it).

Haha. It does sound pretty cheesy. But hey, I wouldn't have mind some Hoagy Carmichael during the show. (They're not playing that, right?) That would be much preferred to a literal presentation of the hear and arteries. (Though this may not even be the 2018 tour's most awkward literally translated theme. Blue Stars get that honor. Who'd have thought music by the Carpenters needed to be accompanied by people dressed like real carpenters?)

If I eliminate all cheesy stuff in WC shows, however, then I have a lot less to pay attention to. More accurately stated, if I eliminate what is cheesy to me. Both drum corps shows and DCP has taught me that cheesy to me can be something really cool to others. I don't mind that.

Regardless, I'm glad they're trying to add to the show in the last few weeks.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Haha. It does sound pretty cheesy. But hey, I wouldn't have mind some Hoagy Carmichael during the show. (They're not playing that, right?) That would be much preferred to a literal presentation of the hear and arteries. (Though this may not even be the 2018 tour's most awkward literally translated theme. Blue Stars get that honor. Who'd have thought music by the Carpenters needed to be accompanied by people dressed like real carpenters?)

If I eliminate all cheesy stuff in WC shows, however, then I have a lot less to pay attention to. More accurately stated, if I eliminate what is cheesy to me. Both drum corps shows and DCP has taught me that cheesy to me can be something really cool to others. I don't mind that.

Regardless, I'm glad they're trying to add to the show in the last few weeks.

I don’t mind cheese so much. There’s a big gap between a six month aged Manchego and Velveta. It’s the latter that makes me cringe. Again, like you said, it’s all subjective. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Colin left before the current admin came in. If you're going to criticize people, know the timeline of who was there and who wasn't.

Wasn’t criticizing anyone.  

• Like 1

Is there any word on changes occurring to the 1st half of the show?

10 points out of 5th place. A once fine corps , proud, competitive and a standard in the acrivity. Reduced to a non competitice laughing stock. Realize if they were competive and had great shows the corps would be very different

Edited by Q of A
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, kdaddy said:

you just did-