Madison Scouts 2018

On 7/25/2018 at 5:48 AM, HockeyDad said:

Crossmen weren't at the show. So, no. You can't compare results from different shows. 

People keep saying that year after year, but at least in Scouts case (and maybe all corps ranked 10 or less) it doesn’t make a difference. Face to face or otherwise, the precision with which DCI judges rank a group,  in different locations, under different circumstances and conditions and without regard to whether one group practices more effectively or God forbid have either a bad night or great night performing,  is truly astonishing not to mention statistically unlikely. 

Edited by Scerpella
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 10:04 AM, MikeN said:

That's a really long way to say "H8rs Gonna H8."

Mike

When have you ever known me to be brief??

13 hours ago, Q of A said:

10 points out of 5th place. A once fine corps , proud, competitive and a standard in the acrivity. Reduced to a non competitice laughing stock. Realize if they were competive and had great shows the corps would be very different

1986 Comes to mind.  Corps came back in 87 with a vengeance and 88 winning it all.  I think they are performing a great level for that show.  Non "competitive" laughing stock?  Tell that to the corps in 8-16 slots right now.  Methinks you have never marched because Madison is not a "laughing stock" by any means.  Discounting them means you have learned nothing from or about them.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Comments like these are the reason why people consider this thread toxic and it diminishes the actual constructive criticism being provided. 

Calling those members a laughing stock adds nothing, but I guess it points out who the a**holes are 

The toxicity of this thread makes me want to pull a “Clockwork Orange” scenario on some of these posters. I would force them to view the Fred Rogers movie, Won’t You Be My Neighbor. 

On 7/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, Cappybara said:

Comments like these are the reason why people consider this thread toxic and it diminishes the actual constructive criticism being provided. 

Calling those members a laughing stock adds nothing, but I guess it points out who the a**holes are 

For the 1,000,000,000th time,  the members are NOT the "laughing stock". The main critical focus has been the incompetent leadership, a bobbleheaded board of directors, and a show concept that has produced a sparkly 16th place blood clot.

Edited by Plankton

6 minutes ago, Plankton said:

For the 1,000,000,000th time,  the members are NOT the "laughing stock". The main critical focus has been the incompetent leadership, a bobbleheaded board of directors, and a show concept that has produced a sparkly 16th place blood clot.

Sorry, I understand the nuance behind criticizing the staff vs the members, I make that distinction very often. However, that distinction CANNOT be made with the statement that I quoted again below. He specifically says that the "once fine corps" has been reduced to a non competitive laughing stock. That means he is talking about this year's corps! I'm calling a spade a spade here, you cannot just call this year's corps a laughing stock and not put part of that on this year's members who are currently sitting at 16th. 

Don't try to twist words to fit your agenda. If you are going to criticize the leadership, make it clear that is exactly what you are criticizing. English is a wonderful language with abilities to make nuanced and detailed points. Use it properly!

On 7/25/2018 at 11:10 PM, Q of A said:

10 points out of 5th place. A once fine corps , proud, competitive and a standard in the acrivity. Reduced to a non competitice laughing stock. Realize if they were competive and had great shows the corps would be very different

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Sorry, I understand the nuance behind criticizing the staff vs the members, I make that distinction very often. However, that distinction CANNOT be made with the statement that I quoted again below. He specifically says that the "once fine corps" has been reduced to a non competitive laughing stock. That means he is talking about this year's corps! I'm calling a spade a spade here, you cannot just call this year's corps a laughing stock and not put part of that on this year's members who are currently sitting at 16th. 

Don't try to twist words to fit your agenda. If you are going to criticize the leadership, make it clear that is exactly what you are criticizing. 

At 132 pages, ONE post is critical of the members. That is one post too many. 

6 minutes ago, Plankton said:

At 132 pages, ONE post is critical of the members. That is one post too many. 

Those are some nice goal posts you’re moving, I’m sure Lucas Oil Stadium will want them back though 

• Like 1