Madison Scouts 2018

3 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

They’ve never finished 21st - at least since 1972

They finished 20th at VFW Nationals in 1968. 16th (or lower) will be the worst finish in 50 years.

Edited by Plankton
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

2016 proved that the "nostalgia bomb" schtick would no longer work for Madison. Going back to that would put a pretty low cap on their competitive success going forward.

the design key is to be "The Scouts" without going back to the past and going retro. It just doesnt work. 11 and 13 were good steps in that directions.

The key is finding ways to incorporate Madisonisms into good solid design of today. Cavies and Boston have moments like that. SCV has some great nods to Vanguard past in the show if you look at them close enough. BD is probably jazzier than theyve been in a decade plus. Cadets have some great "past" moments in the show. But returning to superman suits with JCS 3, malagaguena v 2000, etc isn't going to work. Really, if i had my druthers and they did revist the past, I'd love to see Pirates of Lake Mendota with todays costuming and props.....but thats the only show from the past I'd want to see

• Like 3

Its AUGUST!! Have not cracked 80, that says the show is not good at all! It also says the corps is not good enough to out perform the show. That all points to management. For its watered down, all inclusive gelding philosophy, which uses solid words and philosophies of tge past and twists the to fit thier ajenda that just ring hollow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brians said:

And there you go, That says it all,  no need for further comment

Indeed.

I have predicted for a while now that Troopers will pass by...possibly in Allentown. And BDB and SCVC will pass them in Indy.

Then we hold our collective breath to see if Scouts survive the offseason. Unfortunately the type of finish on the horizon coupled with the financial issues mentioned before is usually to death nail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

SCV, BD and Bloo's screamers seem to be getting great reactions

Not how it used to be by any stretch. You could have one screamer bring the stadium down. Not so much now. Shoot, go back and watch Coats' Downside Up. That one solo scream got a huge reaction...because he winked at the camera. In ATL the screamers barely got a notice. The ridiculous note by the SCV dude got a polite applause but in years past that would've drawn a roar they could've heard in Savannah.

Edited by swmstom
  • Like 1