Madison Scouts 2018

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Truly sad since it’s clear they have a talented ensemble. But it also speaks to how improved their competitors are. 

Do not forget that it ultimately speaks to the clown squad that designed this blood clot.

• Like 2

Is Madison not clean? Does the show lack difficult content? Are the members not talented enough to improve their performance levels or is the product they've been given subpar and they have already perfected what they've been given? Corps are climbing or pulling away and Madison scores look like the Corps is treading water. 

31 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Is Madison not clean? Does the show lack difficult content? Are the members not talented enough to improve their performance levels or is the product they've been given subpar and they have already perfected what they've been given? Corps are climbing or pulling away and Madison scores look like the Corps is treading water. 

This.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gantang said:

I think there are reports in that the show was not very clean last night in Allentown --

• Like 1

I would have a sliver of respect for this staff/admin if they owned up to this being an off year,

but they have done nothing but insist how wonderful everything is about this production. Then, when

anyone criticisizes, they throw a fit and blame the critic for this mess! They even call us names, like "old balls",

or worse, "old saggy balls". They say that we alums/fans/supporters need to do better/ do more.

This is a tactic called gas lighting by the way, and it's used by narcissists to divert resposibility and

keep their victim from gaining power and breaking free of the abusive relationship!

14 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Words do have meaning. The 2018 Madison Scouts were indeed " Coed "   By definition.  Moving forward, you are expressing your hoped for wish that the the 2019 Madison Scouts return to an All Male gender participation exclusively. Just wanted to clear this up. No bigee though. Madison Scouts will make this decision as they see fit moving forward, and how they intend to proceed on a host of off season issues that they'll need to address.

There is one specifically female role and 154 or so guys. Girls were not allowed to audition for every section of the corps, right?

Perhaps technically, having a single female makes them coed, as were the 1971 and 2005 corps. But calling the Scouts coed for having one special performer seems like a stretch from reality. Corps that are actually coed have many girls throughout the corps. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2018 at 2:08 PM, Nine White Russians said:

As for coed talk, luckily, the statement from the BOD, is that all talk of going coed

is off the table until after the 2019 season. Seems like they're trying to put out that fire to hang on to their jobs

and to buy themselves more time to plot their strategy going forward.

Hmm.. so not going to do the right thing and resign?  Then the BOD needs to remove them. And if that doesn't happen, well, the money will continue to dry up, kids will go elsewhere, and the end will be near. This is a critical juncture. 

11 hours ago, WarriorHal said:

Perhaps technically, having a single female makes them coed, as were the 1971 and 2005 corps. . 

Precisely. As of right now,  I would imagine that its too early for the Scouts Organization to decide if they want to continue as a " Coed " Drum Corps, increase their numbers of female musicians in their Coed Drum Corps moving forward, or reverse course and become an All Male Drum Corps once again.  We'll all know soon enough. In the meantime best of success to the Scouts this final week of the season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nine White Russians said:

I would have a sliver of respect for this staff/admin if they owned up to this being an off year,

but they have done nothing but insist how wonderful everything is about this production. Then, when

anyone criticisizes, they throw a fit and blame the critic for this mess! They even call us names, like "old balls",

or worse, "old saggy balls". They say that we alums/fans/supporters need to do better/ do more.

This is a tactic called gas lighting by the way, and it's used by narcissists to divert resposibility and

keep their victim from gaining power and breaking free of the abusive relationship!

I received a fundraising message from Madison today & I sent a response that said the current Madison regime should be ashamed of themselves for destroying the Madison brand.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Having also seen it live for the first time last night, I agree with your first two points, but definitely not your last one. Madison at least has SOME moments that I could get excited about...

Slaughter as a field warmup doesn’t count

• Like 1
  • Haha 3