Madison Scouts 2018

13 hours ago, dark-helmet said:

Trolls alive and well.  Meghan is part of the scouts history now and has earned her place there.  Take the rest of your sexist sh!? and go elsewhere.  The scouts have a design staff issue.  The MMs are performing this thing as well as any corps could with the weight that they are bearing.  I'm quite frankly glad to see the Scouts members follow through on what they started. Its been a rough year and I'm sure the outside forces permeate into there lives.  I'm not proud of the vehicle they've been given, but I'm proud of their effort.  I hope they know their talent has shown through and your stupid argument is just another internet meme that no one will remember.

How is that a troll comment? I don't know what the answers are, but the Scouts are not a draw for top talent anymore. Why on earth would anyone talented enough to march in a top 5 or top 8 corps want to march Madison? Of course, there will be a few, possibly. You're already losing out on 1/2 the male talent to Cavies, Regiment, Blue Stars, and no Colts. This seaosn is a complete and total disaster, and an epic failure, and it's definitely going to impact their recruiting. I am embarassed for them with having to march a show with that awful, cheap looking prop and those ridiculous uniforms. The first step, IMO, is get rid of every single person on the Board of Directors and Chris and Dan. Then evaluate the staff to see whom to keep and whom to let go. If you can't do your job effectively, you should be fired. (Say what I've written is a troll comment. I don't care. But someone saying to go coed isn't making a troll comment. I love the Scouts. I am BEYOND ###### off. Everyone who loves the Scouts should be ###### off at what this know-nothing, do-nothing BOD and design staff has done).

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Madcityscout said:

I honestly think this year’s show concept was a good modern idea. Now, design wise it could have been better sure. So many people said the show was a beautiful show. Maybe they could build on something dealing more with love and unity in a modern way in the future.

I think it was a failure from the start. "Heart & Soul." Really? That's the best this design staff can come up with in the age of "Babylon," "Session 44," and "Dreams and Nighthawks?" Terrible design from the start followed by nothing but terrible decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Boston doesn’t look like Boston and yet no one is complaining. Why? Because the design of the show is good and placing well. Winning fixes all problems 

Exactly. Madison's uniforms are ridiculous, but if the design was better and the results were better, that is something I could overlook. What I can't overlook is that embarassing narration and that absurd prop. It is so ugly, so cheap looking, and so ineffective. 

• Like 1

Wish the 2018 show was something different. But excited to see it again in LOS Thursday and Friday. Hope it turns out to be a rewarding two days for all the members.

Just wish that when the theater show starts on Thursday evening, the Scouts would not have already ended their penultimate performance more than an hour earlier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Boston doesn’t look like Boston and yet no one is complaining. Why? Because the design of the show is good and placing well. Winning fixes all problems 

Yeah....I agree. But Madison's look this year looks cheap. Last year's didn't really bother me but this year it's just to bright in color. Like Skittles candy.

what time do they go on tomorrow? I'll be able to watch it on my phone at work

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Not sure I want to reply to any of this specifically.  I will just say that if the Madison Scouts were in title contention, it would be interesting to see how much more tolerant you all would be regarding costuming, female performers, "the haaaaaaaat", staff/admin personalities, and whatever other complaints are lodged here.

But they are not. In fact, they are swimming upstream to avoid 17th, possibly 18th. That being said, they are GOING to finish with the worst placing in FIFTY years, and THIRD WORST in their history. Those numbers are unacceptable. PERIOD.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

what time do they go on tomorrow? I'll be able to watch it on my phone at work

Probably around 2:00! ;)

Actually, it's 5:13 pm

Edited by Gantang