Madison Scouts 2018

21 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

That ship has saild. I think I can safely say things can swing back somewhat BUT what you are looking for is gone. By the way, this is the new Normal

mmmm.... we'll see.... I have more faith in people's beer and pretzel tastes than you do... ;)

38 minutes ago, tedrick said:

mmmm.... we'll see.... I have more faith in people's beer and pretzel tastes than you do... ;)

the genie will never go back in the bottle.. I know this for sure..besides the beer and pretzel as you call them  are dwindling all the time or as you know them.. AS I said things can swing back a bit but will never be done the same anymore.. Why would they, I would love gas to be 40cents again as well as a loaf a bread to be a quarter, guess what, never gonna happen. The new beer and Pretzel people I think are loving all of it. time moves on

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Sad 1

I also just saw their show on YouTube and I liked it!  After the angst-filled part of the stress on the heart, the "soul" part was very beautiful - beautiful music, especially the ballad, beautiful setting with the girl soloist in a long flowing dress. She is a wonderful horn player and I understand why they give her so much air time.  I enjoyed it very much and while it certainly didn't scream "Scouts" it was quite enjoyable to watch and listen to.

Also, for all the hating of WGI, the KIDS LOVE WGI, especially percussionists and guard members.  And the kids love the new costumes/uniforms because they are comfortable and cooler and easier to move in.  I don't think there is any going back, so you may as well relax and enjoy their efforts.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 points behind Crossmen? lol Congrats, boys. Nothing to worry about. I mean, since Crossmen won DCI a couple of years ago, things are clearly on the right track. :rolleyes:

From what I hear, the instructional staff is doing a fantastic job. Too bad the creative staff and the admin have their head so far up their collective ##### that they thought this show was a good idea. 3 points behind Crossmen. :lol:

Welcome to the peanut gallery, ladies and gentlemen. I’ve got my popcorn ready.

giphy.gif

Edited by BigBadMadMan

11 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

3 points behind Crossmen? lol Congrats, boys. Nothing to worry about. I mean, since Crossmen won DCI a couple of years ago, there’s clearly nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Was there anything to worry about last year when the faced Crossmen in mid-July and there was almost a five point spread and Mandarins placed ahead of them as well?

Crossmen seems to be getting good reviews and many believe the corps is stronger and more mature. It’s also not new. My guess is the last time Madison topped Crossmen was in 2015. Scoring so close to Colts should be more of a wake up call than the point spread with Crossmen.

• Like 1

Yea...I've watched videos of some of the other shows and Scouts design seems to be left behind. I can't seem to pinpoint exactly what it is but it feels just generally weaker, less sophisticated, less exciting.

I'm sure it's just me being a dino and expecting a show that the drum corps world talks about positively and one that forces you to scream and cheer. Once again Scouts design has missed that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1