Madison Scouts 2018

I love 90's Madison.  I thought they had a groove going where they managed to put on technically challenging shows that were also designed to get the audience on their feet.  That said, I don't want to hear them again.  I want Madison to make *new* classics that get the audience on their feet.  I don't care what kind of music it is, I just want it to be technical enough to score well and so "did you see that?!?" that they can't help but be the crowd favorite.

Mike

• Like 6

On 8/22/2017 at 1:22 PM, MikeN said:

I want Madison to make *new* classics that get the audience on their feet.

Yes, please!

11 minutes ago, bsmad6569 said:

This could be fun.......................

Loads of fun. Thanks.

4 hours ago, bsmad6569 said:

This could be fun.......................

I agree but thought that someone else had already played it BITD. So I went to Corpsreps, was transferred to their new and very cumbersome museum site, and found that individual song titles are not included anymore. Tresona vulnerability being nullified?

Also why can't the site just simply have A-Z pagination rather than going pages 1-1000 guessing where corps starting with R will appear? Or which corps added The to its' title and is with the T's not the C's or B''s?  Only a tech geek would like the set up we are now stuck with. The song became less fun.

Edited by xandandl

28 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I agree but thought that someone else had already played it BITD. So I went to Corpsreps, was transferred to their new and very cumbersome museum site, and found that individual song titles are not included anymore. Tresona vulnerability being nullified?

Also why can't the site just simply have A-Z pagination rather than going pages 1-1000 guessing where corps starting with R will appear? Or which corps added The to its' title and is with the T's not the C's or B''s?  Only a tech geek would like the set up we are now stuck with. The song became less fun.

We have a thread up about the new site already, titled "RIP CorpsReps (and introducing DCX)." Check it out if you want to see others' opinions on DCX.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Madison Scouts 2018 thread.

10 hours ago, bsmad6569 said:

Madison Scouts -- 1965. 

yes, and maybe Hawthorne, Fulton Gauchos, Americanos, or some Spanish flavored unit at least.

But that's bitd; it would seem "new" to the audiences of this century, the arrangements would have more depth, and only Beelzebub would know what atrocious costumes would be whipped up to go with it. 

On 8/13/2017 at 4:50 AM, Narrow said:

They should look at more modern rock or jazzy type of music in my opinion. It would fit them better and it would be refreshing after what I thought was a monotone-ish show in 2017. 

Modern scout uniform. Maybe multiple greens and reds, but make it modern. Don't need to go Mad Max ever again. But make it cool and superhero-sequel.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2017 at 10:39 PM, Ediker said:

It was not a one year thing at Boston. Changes that took place over several years are now delivering results on the field. 

If you mean changes over several years that brought in a metric ### ton of money for Boston, then yes that process took several years. Competitively, it took one year and a lot of spending, period. They don't draw nearly the amount of talent they did this year without Gino, Colin, and Michael.