Madison Scouts 2018

10 hours ago, DCI Nerd Alert said:

I agree. They are turning away half of the population for a dated tradition. One female member is not co-ed. 

Bring some numbers to back up your claim. Give me the gender breakdowns by corps. Since you’re the one claiming that the Scouts are turning away half the population, then prove that. I think you’ll find that the numbers are more akin to 75/25 male to female.

6 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Yes, because no one is answering your questions on DCP, then clearly no one is working on all of this already. :rolleyes:

I see.  Interesting game you play.  Throw it out there, then retreat and hide.  Courageous.

**Edit**

In retrospect, this will be a super interesting thing to watch develop.  Watching an anonymous group of "Scouts" put together the lifeline to save the corps, evidently without engaging its current leadership, sounds like a winning approach.  This may prove to be an even more interesting story than the 2018 Madison Scouts themselves.  

For the sake of those who have followed this activity for decades and root for all the corps, I hope you know what you're doing because DCI can ill afford to lose the Madison Scouts.

Edited by Volt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Volt said:

But perhaps you have other insight you would be willing to share?  

Nope.

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

Watching an anonymous group of "Scouts" put together the lifeline to save the corps, evidently without engaging its current leadership, sounds like a winning approach.  This may prove to be an even more interesting story than the 2018 Madison Scouts themselves.

You have no idea of the battles already fought with the current leadership. None that need to be hashed out here with anonymous strangers. Suffice it to say that people have their reasons to feel the way that they do and it’s beyond “engaging with the current leadership”. That ship has sailed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

I came from a coed corps and, as a hetero male, marching an all-male corps was the single-most satisfying experience of my drum corps life. Didn’t have the distractions on the field of Suzy wearing less clothes than she should, no 3am drama of cat fights on the bus, and free access to all the showers and bathrooms at every housing site. As for the ladies, we still got all of them after every show and we certainly weren’t locked down to one “corps gf” unless we wanted to be. Different shows, different corps every night. It was drum corps heaven.

He isn't joking... I marched another top 12 corps in the 90's and all our girls swooned for Scout dudes haha, Scouts were cool.  They were the rock stars of DCI.  I'd love to see them get that attitude back, drum corps needs it. 

• Like 3

I have watched the show a few times.  There is some good rifle work happening at times.  I was wondering if re-staging the guard at certain points might help increase their score?  

1 minute ago, Guitar1974 said:

They were the rock stars of DCI.  I'd love to see them get that attitude back, drum corps needs it. 

I think most fans would love to see the Scouts back on top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guitar1974 said:

He isn't joking... I marched another top 12 corps in the 90's and all our girls swooned for Scout dudes haha, Scouts were cool.  They were the rock stars of DCI.  I'd love to see them get that attitude back, drum corps needs it. 

Amen, brother. I wouldn’t lie about how much the ladies loved us. When I marched Colts, all our females would do the same thing and head straight for the Scouts busses after every show. I got to be on both ends of that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Amen, brother. I wouldn’t lie about how much the ladies loved us. When I marched Colts, all our females would do the same thing and head straight for the Scouts busses after every show. I got to be on both ends of that.

Haha... I've seen it firsthand and you are correct- we were jealous!

• Haha 1