Madison Scouts 2018

Ok, enough of all the BS, lets talk about the Scouts not your own agendas and how smart you are ! Is the Scouts show good enough to break top 12?. Know all other corps are killing themselves as well! I realize all members Scours included, are busting their behinds. All that included, can they jump 3-4 spots and who can they catch and pass?

These days it is very difficult for a corps to pass three or four other corps once the season begins.  Madison  needs to make major changes and they have no time to make them.  To pay the bills corps need to book as many shows as possible.   July 3rd through July 8th the Scouts have six straight days with little rehearsal time. St Louis on 15th is key date top 12 will probably be set after this show.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

These days it is very difficult for a corps to pass three or four other corps once the season begins.  Madison  needs to make major changes and they have no time to make them.  To pay the bills corps need to book as many shows as possible.   July 3rd through July 8th the Scouts have six straight days with little rehearsal time. St Louis on 15th is key date top 12 will probably be set after this show.

So your saying 15 or 16th? Is the best Scouts will do? How did Manderins jump so high? Boston?

30 minutes ago, BigShow said:

So your saying 15 or 16th? Is the best Scouts will do? How did Manderins jump so high? Boston?

Better leadership. Better management.  Which resulted in  better design. By staff that's performing better. Scouts MMs deserve better from the design staff and corps leadership. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, madisonsmiley said:

Give it a rest. Do you think this is the place anyone with the wherewithal is going to discuss the particulars?

I’d think anyone with the wherewithal would have already done something to make this situation better. I’d think anyone with the wherewithal would also have the ability to approach the sitting board and sitting ED and work with them to affect whatever changes are viewed as necessary. I’d think anyone with the wherewithal wouldn’t even throw these hints of an overthrow on a DCP forum if it were true. What kind of judgment would that show?  The kind to lead the Madison Scouts?  The kind to raise funds supposedly so desperately needed to run the organization?  The kind to work within the political structure of the competitive side of this activity?  Hardly. 

Maybe you should give it a rest, Smiley.

I know everyone keeps talking about Mandarins, but don't forget about Spirit and Academy.  Both of those corps sores seem to be keep rising.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 10:30 PM, BigBadMadMan said:

Bring some numbers to back up your claim. Give me the gender breakdowns by corps. Since you’re the one claiming that the Scouts are turning away half the population, then prove that. I think you’ll find that the numbers are more akin to 75/25 male to female.

You make a good point - age ranges 14-25 is more akin to 75/25. One quarter of the world population that is eligible to march. 1/4 is still a large amount to turn away due to tradition. 

13 hours ago, BigShow said:

Ok, enough of all the BS, lets talk about the Scouts not your own agendas and how smart you are ! Is the Scouts show good enough to break top 12?. Know all other corps are killing themselves as well! I realize all members Scours included, are busting their behinds. All that included, can they jump 3-4 spots and who can they catch and pass?

my agenda is to have a great Scouts corps I can cheer for and want to buy things from again. i guess thats wrong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

my agenda is to have a great Scouts corps I can cheer for and want to buy things from again. i guess thats wrong

Same. And geez, if enough people speak up maybe the powers that be will think about things differently.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigShow said:

Currently, Scouts are closer to the Colts than Spirit.  Scouts are in a prime spot tonight, performing last, to gain some ground.  They have to open the spread from the Colts.  They have to prove they belong in the next higher scoring neighborhood.

Scouts are in a "deficit" of 3-4 points which would be comprised of a certain percentage attainable by cleaning, the other percentage attainable by design improvements.  They have to make appropriate perfect design changes because cleaning only goes so far. 

I know, I know, I have a flair for the obvious - you can all hit your "Duh" buttons now.

:biggrin: