Madison Scouts 2018

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

The negative growth of the drum corps activity since traditional drum corps music & unis gave way to synth, electronics, narration, prancing & costumes that highlight the Male package prove otherwise. This isn't debatable.

I think thats all the minority thinking this

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

I know Scouts alums want to think that if they only went back to looking and programming as if it's still the 90s, they'd be competitive, but that won't cut it. The 2016 uniform was essentially the 90s uniform with better tailoring: didn't help them make Finals. The 2016 program was re-using music from the 90s; didn't help them make Finals. 

At this point, I have no idea of which comes first in the chicken/egg solutions to putting them back into the mix, but I can guarantee you it's not about going back to old uniforms and old music. It's about doing something cool, something new, and doing it better than everyone else at their end of the playground. But retro ain't gonna do it.

BTW, "average fans" are totally digging Bluecoats, Vanguard, Cavaliers, etc this year. None of them are trying to look and sound like they did 20 years ago.

EXACTLY

• Like 1

Scouts headed toward their worst placement in the DCI era. If they don't flush this current leadership team, they must have given up. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

The negative growth of the drum corps activity since traditional drum corps music & unis gave way to synth, electronics, narration, prancing & costumes that highlight the Male package prove otherwise. This isn't debatable.

Why so obsessed with prancing and packages? Sounds like the kind toxic masculinity Cavies are mocking at the end of their show. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Why so obsessed with prancing and packages? Sounds like the kind toxic masculinity Cavies are mocking at the end of their show. 

I realize that masculinity is not allowed in the drum corps activity in 2018, and that alienates many potential marching members.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I realize that masculinity is not allowed in the drum corps activity in 2018, and that alienates many potential marching members.

No, it alienates you. Don’t project your definition of “masculinity” onto potential members. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

There are many average Joes from decades back still here even teaching these corps today:smile:

I'll say.... not near enough Janes, imo'. And not a single " Jane " judging on Finals Night last season. And the " Janes " arn't involved in these costumes decisions they're putting the young guys and gals in either.

Edited by BRASSO