Madison Scouts 2018

15 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

The negative growth of the drum corps activity since traditional drum corps music & unis gave way to synth, electronics, narration, prancing & costumes that highlight the Male package prove otherwise. This isn't debatable.

Actually, it is debatable. The number of corps attending WC champs since 2004, the first year of amplification, has been pretty consistent. Most of the reduction in the number of competitive corps occurred long before A&E, vocals, total body involvement in visual design/performance and show-specific costuming. It happened during the era of "traditional drum corps music & unis".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I am probably in the minority here, but I do think Madison can keep some relevance to their old uniform and be successful.  The Blue Devils always seem to use a variation of their uniform.  I am not saying use the uniform, but perhaps the green and red used in some aspect.  

I do hope the members are enjoying themselves this year.  I know this must be difficult with the scores they are receiving.  

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Actually, it is debatable. The number of corps attending WC champs since 2004, the first year of amplification, has been pretty consistent. Most of the reduction in the number of competitive corps occurred long before A&E, vocals, total body involvement in visual design/performance and show-specific costuming. It happened during the era of "traditional drum corps music & unis".

Cant forget we even increased the number from 128 to 154 since 2004

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

And not a single " Jane " judging on Finals Night last season.

Why aren't there more female judges?

1 minute ago, dcikon2 said:

I am probably in the minority here, but I do think Madison can keep some relevance to their old uniform and be successful.  The Blue Devils always seem to use a variation of their uniform.  I am not saying use the uniform, but perhaps the green and red used in some aspect.  

I do hope the members are enjoying themselves this year.  I know this must be difficult with the scores they are receiving.  

They can..but that won't fix what may need to be fixed

26 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

some of that Fake news about drum corps dying

since Madison added a girl the first time

34 minutes ago, tedrick said:

How do you know the average fan wouldn't like old style drum corps? What is better about new style?

synth?

overpowering electronics?

dancing hornlines?

skimpy costumes?

if the average fan wanted a return to the old days, alumni shows would get more than 1000 paid

• Like 3

The badaxx aspect of this activity that was a key factor in attracting many guys to march in drum corps is long gone. The cool factor is gone. What red blooded Male wants to wear costumes comprised of leggings, sequins & lame'?

• Like 2

Just now, FlamMan said:

The badaxx aspect of this activity that was a key factor in attracting many guys to march in drum corps is long gone. The cool factor is gone. What red blooded Male wants to wear costumes comprised of leggings, sequins & lame'?

plenty do. 

• Like 4