Madison Scouts 2018

2 hours ago, mfrontz said:

It's just his opinion?

Yes, and I'm asking him what makes him such an expert to have such an opinion.

1 hour ago, TRacer said:

A close friend of mine who spent his rookie year with me in SCV ‘85, stayed with SCV the next few seasons and aged out in ‘89 told me later that a great bond developed between Madison and SCV in ‘88, particularly after an impromptu indoor concert in a basketball gym that year. He was totally okay with how ‘88 turned out and said lots of SCV folks were stoked for the Mad Men. 

This is absolutely true. It was a rained out show and both were already in uniform and played for each other. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Wow, both misogynistic AND wrong! 

And, THIS is a typical "triggered" modern day knee-jerk PC response!  You're making quite a leap in determining the heart of this individuals comment.  But, I guess this is where we're at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Most of the time, yes; they won it all in '75 and '88. They were on fire in '88; however, I still think that SCV should have won that year with '89 belonging to Regiment. 

Actually... they should have won in 88 (although SCV did give a great finals performance... the best run of the year for them). But Madison won ALL THREE NIGHTS (this was when they did not reveal who won quarters/semis until AFTER finals. SCV in 1989 was unstoppable. No one touched them all year long (except for one early show w/BD) and they ended the season with a record score that stood for more than a decade. So... I think it is safe to say that SCV should have won in 1989 as they did as fine as PR may have been.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Actually... they should have won in 88 (although SCV did give a great finals performance... the best run of the year for them). But Madison won ALL THREE NIGHTS (this was when they did not reveal who won quarters/semis until AFTER finals. SCV in 1989 was unstoppable. No one touched them all year long (except for one early show w/BD) and they ended the season with a record score that stood for more than a decade. So... I think it is safe to say that SCV should have won in 1989 as they did as fine as PR may have been.

Not to get too technical, but in 88 there were only two nights, semis and finals.....but you're right, they won both.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yes, and I'm asking him what makes him such an expert to have such an opinion.

Wow.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Most of the time, yes; they won it all in '75 and '88. They were on fire in '88; however, I still think that SCV should have won that year with '89 belonging to Regiment. 

Agreed on both counts. Regiment was robbed in 89

25 minutes ago, Mad75 said:

And, THIS is a typical "triggered" modern day knee-jerk PC response!  You're making quite a leap in determining the heart of this individuals comment.  But, I guess this is where we're at.

You know the only one complaining about “the old’s opinion nor mattering” or anything else age related is you. You’re basically arguing with yourself

• Like 1

4 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Am I the only person that thinks a certain number of Scouts fans and alumni live in this fantasy world that think their corps was and is the face of the activity? Refresh me, how many world titles have the Madison Scouts won? To be perfectly honest, the Madison Scouts have mostly been a middle of the top 12 corps in their prime. They would kick a** at the beginning of the season and peak at DCM. They had their heyday in the '70s and the '80s; but even then, they weren't even close to challenging for a world title. And all this talk about "Superman" suits...for real? The Madison Scouts have become nothing more than a caricature of what they used to be; still believing that '94, '95, and '96 are the greatest shows ever, even in the activity. Can the Madison Scouts remain all male and be successful? Of course they can! The Cavaliers are doing just fine. What's the difference? The Cavaliers have evolved with the activity with great show design, great themes, and instructors and design teams that were consistently looking for something new. The reality is that the Scouts are stuck in time and have gotten in such a rut that it's going to take quite a bit to get them out. The talent that folks say the corps needs to climb the ranks will return once those at the top get in touch with reality. 

2 world titles. 

• Like 2